Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was your weekend? 05/02/10

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM
  • 26 Replies

So how was everybodies weekend?

0Mine was ok. Did a little volunteer work, watched movies, and ate out loll! What's not to love about that?lol.

Mommy to Hector, SAHM, and proud Army Wife.

Join us on the MAMAS LATINAS  Group Mod

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babyd22
by Member on May. 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Mine was eventful... yesterday we went to the mall in savannah, and today we spent the day at the beach :) Good times.

older
by Member on May. 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I love weekends! went for a 14 mile walk in Miami Beach, walked all along the broadwalk next to the ocean, it was just beautiful!

SDbabe
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:26 PM

We just relaxed :)

dorky_goddess
by Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:06 PM

It SUCKED!!!!!!  On Friday, my home healthcare aide STOLE my wedding ring!  I need an aide, because I have multiple sclerosis, and it's really hard for me to get around at home, so an aide comes out to do housework for me.  I tore the house up, looking for it-- even dug in the garbage about 3 times, and found nothing.  My husband even looked in the same places I did-- garbage included!  So after he calmed me down, we called the company, and the bitch cracked under the pressure, and came back with my ring.  Only, she didn't admit she stole it.  She came back to our place pretending to be concerned, and volunteering to look for it.  Then she grabbed the small garbage can by our front door, and hauled ass to the kitchen-- which was out of my husband's view-- to pretend to look for it.  All of a sudden, like, literally within seconds, she comes out with the ring in her hand, claiming that she found it in the garbage, on top of a baby jar food lid.  There was no baby food or garbage on the ring or in her hand!  Then today, I decided to organize my kids' closets, which basically means I've been back and forth through the house all day today.  My freakin' iron is missing!  The last thing I remember the aide saying, was that she was going to help her son move, after she left my house.  I think that raggedy bitch lifted my iron, and gave it to her son!!!  Who the FUCK steals an iron?!?!  I have a Walmart right up the street from me!  I know home health aides don't get paid a whole lot, but an IRON????  REALLY?????

PRMommy86
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Good ol' Savannah Mall lol. How I kinda miss those days.

Quoting Babyd22:

Mine was eventful... yesterday we went to the mall in savannah, and today we spent the day at the beach :) Good times.

PRMommy86
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:57 PM

That sounds so relaxing! Even though I doubt I could last 14 miles lol.

Quoting older:

I love weekends! went for a 14 mile walk in Miami Beach, walked all along the broadwalk next to the ocean, it was just beautiful!

PRMommy86
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM

WHAT!!!!!! that is crazy!!! You can trust no one these days!!!! Is there any way you can have another person go instead of her? Luckily she "gave" it back!!!!

Quoting dorky_goddess:

It SUCKED!!!!!!  On Friday, my home healthcare aide STOLE my wedding ring!  I need an aide, because I have multiple sclerosis, and it's really hard for me to get around at home, so an aide comes out to do housework for me.  I tore the house up, looking for it-- even dug in the garbage about 3 times, and found nothing.  My husband even looked in the same places I did-- garbage included!  So after he calmed me down, we called the company, and the bitch cracked under the pressure, and came back with my ring.  Only, she didn't admit she stole it.  She came back to our place pretending to be concerned, and volunteering to look for it.  Then she grabbed the small garbage can by our front door, and hauled ass to the kitchen-- which was out of my husband's view-- to pretend to look for it.  All of a sudden, like, literally within seconds, she comes out with the ring in her hand, claiming that she found it in the garbage, on top of a baby jar food lid.  There was no baby food or garbage on the ring or in her hand!  Then today, I decided to organize my kids' closets, which basically means I've been back and forth through the house all day today.  My freakin' iron is missing!  The last thing I remember the aide saying, was that she was going to help her son move, after she left my house.  I think that raggedy bitch lifted my iron, and gave it to her son!!!  Who the FUCK steals an iron?!?!  I have a Walmart right up the street from me!  I know home health aides don't get paid a whole lot, but an IRON????  REALLY?????

dorky_goddess
by Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Yeah, I could, but I've already gone through 3 of them.  The first one had to stop coming, because she got in trouble for something-- I have no clue what she did.  All I know is she called me a day before she was supposed to come in, and said something about losing her job, because she'd done something bad, and was reaping the consequences.  The next one only came in one time!  The Veterans Administration pays for my aides to come in, and for whatever reason, they refused to pay for her to come to any veterans' homes.  She probably stole something from someone, too.  And the 3rd one was the one who stole my ring and my iron.  So, I think I'm done with that company altogether.  Fortunately, I have a doctor appointment at the Veterans Administration clinic, tomorrow.  I'll see what my other options are, then.

eddysmommy
by Member on May. 3, 2010 at 12:55 AM

well i guess mine was ok but thats cuz we are lucky. just about every city around us is flooded.  the interstate to get to nashville is closed and so are most of the roads

LexsMami
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2010 at 3:42 AM

Quoting eddysmommy:

well i guess mine was ok but thats cuz we are lucky. just about every city around us is flooded.  the interstate to get to nashville is closed and so are most of the roads

I know!! I saw the footage on TV all day today. I used to live there and all of my friends are there. Luckily, they are all ok, but some of them have major property damage and a few of them had their entire homes and apartments full of water. Its crazy!!!!!!! I am glad you are ok!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)