Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you introduce solids to your babies?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM
  • 9 Replies
What did you give them for the first time? Yo se que en nuestros paises se acostumbra a darle comiditas suaves a Los bebes despues de Los seis meses! Did you do it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
luanhelo
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Nobody? U guys don't have babies? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brujachavez
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I gave my baby cereal at 3 months. and slowly started to give him other stuff.

RainyRain
by Reyna on May. 26, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I started with rice cereal at 3 months old and after a week I would switch it to another ceral. At 5 months old the pediatric recomended switching him over to pureed vegetables and fruits and every 3-4 days I would introduce him to a different one. At 6 months I introduced him to meats. By 10 months he started eating home made foods.

Cafe Veronica
by Veronica-Puerto Rico on May. 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM

For my son, I started giving him cereal when he was 2 months, he was always hungry!! I introduced him to baby food when he was about 6 months, he went straight to Stage 3 after that since the Stage 1 was nothing to him. He started eating regular rice and beans when he was about 11 months. That kid can eat!!! LOL!!

luanhelo
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Lol thanks! Did you breasfeed or formula feed? I breasfeed and I want to do it till 1 year but only mornings and nights can I do that? O debo seguir solo alimentandola y darle cucharaditas de comida de vex en cuando?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luanhelo
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:24 AM
DD is 6months old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RainyRain
by Reyna on May. 26, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I BF until they were 11 months old. You can do it morning and night but you will loose you milk supply that's why is recommended that you pump when you miss a feeding or bf on demand. I also drank mother's milk tea, it helped increase my supply.

luanhelo
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM
Then why bother pumping! I'll keep on feeding on demand and trying solids little by little! Thanks! I am a new mom = lots of questions lol

Quoting RainyRain:

I BF until they were 11 months old. You can do it morning and night but you will loose you milk supply that's why is recommended that you pump when you miss a feeding or bf on demand. I also drank mother's milk tea, it helped increase my supply.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RainyRain
by Reyna on May. 26, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Once the babies start eating solids/food they don't need frequent feedings. Any time you have questions feel free to ask. I and the other girls are more than willing to help. We were once new mom too.

XoXoXo's

Quoting luanhelo:

Then why bother pumping! I'll keep on feeding on demand and trying solids little by little! Thanks! I am a new mom = lots of questions lol

Quoting RainyRain:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)