Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Greatness

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM
  • 2 Replies

How do you define greatness?

What story of personal greatness, achievement or success would your co-workers or friends be surprised to learn about you?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
angie582
by Angie-México on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Hm??.. well I think greatness is defined by the actions you make..and being able to stay humble... so by deffinition If I do something great for humanity...saying I did it defeats the purpose... I think it's being able to do something great that changes someones life..and at the same time remaining humble

GoddessJohnnie
by Member on Jun. 5, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Wow, what a deep question for a lazy Saturday afternoon!  lol  For me, greatness is accomplishing a goal that you set for yourself.  It can be something big like getting a college degree or meaningful like forgiving someone who has done a great injustice to you.

I think that my co-workers would be surprised to know that my son I had when I was 18 years old was the result of a date rape.  I chose to have my son (best choice ever!) and years later, forgave the father of my son.  It took lots of therapy and years of anger, but I knew hanging on to all of that anger and hurt was only hurting me.  It was a great moment for me when I could feel all of the years of resentment letting go. 

The Goddess Otherwise Known As Johnnie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)