Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woman Fakes Pregnancy, Tries to Kidnap Newborn

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM
  • 14 Replies

Woman Fakes Pregnancy, Tries to Kidnap Newborn

She stabs parents of baby, police say

This June 23, 2010 booking photo provided by the Vigo County Sheriff's Department shows Stephanie Foster, 34.

(AP) – An Indiana woman with a history of miscarriages faked a pregnancy for 9 months, then stabbed a couple in an attempt to kidnap their newborn son and pass him off as her own, police said. Stephanie Foster, 34, of Terre Haute was arrested yesterday. The newborn's mother is in stable condition with stab wounds to her arms and back, while her husband was treated and released for minor cuts.

Police say Foster faked her pregnancy because she didn't want to tell her husband she had suffered another miscarriage. She allegedly scoured birth announcements, then showed up at the couple's house asking to use the phone. She left, returned with a toy pistol, and began stabbing the mother with a folding knife. The attack woke the sleeping husband, who subdued her until police arrived

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SkeDah628
by Sandra on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM
Omg that's horrible!!! A similar story happen here in LA...Can't really trust anyone now and days. Always be cautious with your surroundings, bc you never know. That's very scary!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ely209
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:35 PM

that is horrible i can't believe there are ppl like that out there stuff like this scare me alot i becareful so much with who is around me

Habichuela
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I wont let anyone in my house to use the phone. i tell em go to the gas station or throw them a quarter out my window..

Supervane
by Vane on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM

This is why we didnt do birth announcements in the paper. We didnt decorate the house either... I was so very paranoid. Not to mention I was assaulted when I was pregnant so that added to my paranoia.

Supervane
by Vane on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM

THATS HALARIOUS! I would wonder why they don't have a cell-phone.

Quoting Habichuela:

I wont let anyone in my house to use the phone. i tell em go to the gas station or throw them a quarter out my window..

SDbabe
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Omg, how scary!  

Quoting Supervane:

This is why we didnt do birth announcements in the paper. We didnt decorate the house either... I was so very paranoid. Not to mention I was assaulted when I was pregnant so that added to my paranoia.

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Scaaaarryyyy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joqui
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM

omgosh!! that's scary!! I would be paranoid too!!

Quoting Supervane:

Joqui
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM

I don't trust pple... So yea, I would not have let this lady inside my home...

PRMommy86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:29 AM

OMG thats so scary and crazyyyyy O.O

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)