Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question for single mommies or anyone who can help me

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

i am a single mom of a 2yr old and another one on the way ok well my problem is that my 2yr old daughter is asking for her father her father left us when she was 6 months old so he left with the other women so i have no idea what to say all i say is daddy is not here he is very far away and she understands what i say but she keeps asking for him and he do drugs and drink he dont work and he could careless about his child all he care is about his girlfriend i do not know what to do help

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MAMA-BEAR317
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:12 PM

She's young mama in all Honest y she knows what you are saying but really does not understand  it all you can say is he's not here Mommy does not know where he is then as she gets older explain, I raised all three of my Boys on my Own when X ass hole left i had a 4,2,and a New Born my oldest is now 16 and they can care less about there dad and i also told them the truth it's there choice not to deal with them if they don't want to. Your daughter will see who her father is all on her own in due time Good luck mama.

ely209
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:25 PM

thank you =)

MommyInspired
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I completely agree with MamaBear.....

My daughter was doing the same thing right around the same age..I left he father because he was very abusive and not a very good dad. I remember hearing her asking for her father and it would really crush me. The truth is dear all you can do is keep telling her what you have been telling her.When she gets older and if she wants to look for her father then that wil be her choice and eventually she will find out who he really is.

Keep of up what your are doing and don't ever telll how you feel about him-that he is a loser etc- because that can potentially caus great damage to your child as well as your relationshio with your child specially as she gets older.

ely209
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:22 PM

that is how i see it when the time when she older if she ask about her dad i wont  talk negatively about i just tell her what she wants to now right now i just play with her tell her she my princess and just give her alot of attetion bcz i know she jelous with the #2 coming and when dad come over and see her with her other grandparents i tell her this is daddy say hi but she scared of him she runs and hides or screams and yell i tell her is ok i dont push her i just let her be

Cafe Veronica
by Veronica-Puerto Rico on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Quoting MommyInspired:

I completely agree with MamaBear.....

My daughter was doing the same thing right around the same age..I left he father because he was very abusive and not a very good dad. I remember hearing her asking for her father and it would really crush me. The truth is dear all you can do is keep telling her what you have been telling her.When she gets older and if she wants to look for her father then that wil be her choice and eventually she will find out who he really is.

Keep of up what your are doing and don't ever telll how you feel about him-that he is a loser etc- because that can potentially caus great damage to your child as well as your relationshio with your child specially as she gets older.

I agree! =) {{HUGS}}

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)