Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need help toddler and coldsores please help moms (UPDATE BLUE)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

so my son has had a horrible past week and a half. he was in the hospital for a UTI his been getting the strongest antibiotic and well i dont really see much improvement on saturday he had really high fever. so it took me all day to locate his doctor and just to tell me to wait it out that she would call me back. and mostlikely it wasnt the UTI but something else. (yeah that was supose to make me feel better i guess) so now my son has a UTI and who knows what else. well doc said dont take him to the ER because they are goign to send you rigt back since his already on strong antibiotic they cant give him anything else. his still in pain everytime he pees and very fuzzy. well not it ust got even worse he has a whole bunch of coldsores in his tongue. he is in pain wont take any food he wont even drink milk. he wont even drink juice and i know he is hungry because he tries to eat but he just starts crying. i tried giving him the pedialyte but nothing he wont drink it either only water.i dont knwo what to do or give him i been trying to call his doctor again and all they tell me is to leave a messege and she will call me back. OK WHO KNOWS WHEN. i might be over reacting but umm his my son and i feel so bad to see him this way and cant do anything. well moms anythign you knwo will make the coldsores better i donno anything

ok so yesterday was my sonns appoinmet with the doc finally. well what it hough where cold sores came out to be some virus he has called mouth-had-foot or something like that. she said he mostllikely got it o his visit to the hospital. well he has complaining about his feet and hand hurting but as a toddler i though it was because he was runnign everywhere and randomely hitting stuff. well i foung out the UTI is getting better withthe meds but they dont have any meds for the virus. so he will have to wait it off it should go away from 7 to 10 days. he loved his diet though he has to eat popsycles and icescream only. well he doesnt want to eat food so the doctor said to just give him that and juice but he should be ok if he only eats icescream. the bad this is this virus is highly contaigious between infants and toddlers so the doctor said either my other 4 month either has it already or will get it. since their is a 3 to 4 day incubation period where they have the virus but dont have any signs, so my son might already have it and i dont even know about it. it makes me sad. well i guess we will have to wait it out and see how it goes. he hasnt conplained as much last night he actually slept. so i hope everythign works out wish me luck

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Veronica
by Veronica-Puerto Rico on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Pobrecito =(

Honestly, I wouldn't wait for his doctor to make up her mind to call you back. Is there a way that you can take him to Urgent Care instead of ER?

Alejandra10
by Alejandra-Mexican on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:45 PM

in order to take him to urgent care i need his doctors permission and thats what i have been waiting for the last 3 days. and who know how much more im goign to have to wait. and if i take him to the emergency room mostlikely they are going to send me back home. since he is already taking the antibiotic and its the strongest they can give him it cant get stronger so they're going to tell me to wait untill he is donce with the antibiotic

SDbabe
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Poor baby!  Is there anyway you can take him to see an other doctor?  Hope he starts to get better real soon.

dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:13 PM

The fever and his not eating or drinking concerns me. My guess is food and drink irritate the coldsores, probably producing stinging/burning sensation when he tries to eat. But the only way to flush the bug out of his system is by keeping his fluids up. The hospital can put an IV in him and get some fluids in him.   You don't want him dehydrating.  If your gut tells you take him to the hospital, go girl go.

Cafe Veronica
by Veronica-Puerto Rico on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Quoting dahlimamma:

The fever and his not eating or drinking concerns me. My guess is food and drink irritate the coldsores, probably producing stinging/burning sensation when he tries to eat. But the only way to flush the bug out of his system is by keeping his fluids up. The hospital can put an IV in him and get some fluids in him.   You don't want him dehydrating.  If your gut tells you take him to the hospital, go girl go.

I agree! Is he doing better today?

Habichuela
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I am sorry your son is not doing well. I really hope his health improves..

Have him gargle Salt water a few times a day and spit it out.. it will rinse the germs out of his mouth that are causing the cold sores to grow..

You can also take a Qtip and Peroxide and swab the cold sores and then rise out with salt water.. it will kill the germs and help to dry them up and heal with in days... 

I know your son is not eating but as long as he is drinking water and if you can get him to atleast drink broth he will be alright..

group hug

Alejandra10
by Alejandra-Mexican on Jul. 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM

thanks so much girls sorry it took to long to update

Habichuela
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Hand Foot and Mouth disease..Geez .. I remember when my oldest had this when she was like 3 yrs old got it from day care. Hers was really bad and she was given just pedialyte to drink.Other than that there is Nothing that can be given, just have to let the virus pass on its own. If you are able to get sum Amoxocilin that helps with bacteria and healing.

Glad to hear your son got sum sleep, hope you are able to rest also. He will get better in time , you'll see

Alejandra10
by Alejandra-Mexican on Jul. 14, 2010 at 1:00 PM

his already taking antibiotics for his UTI his actually getting the strongest dose they can give him so the doc said that might of helped and he didnt get it as bad. she said theirs cases where its a lot and very painful

Quoting Habichuela:

Hand Foot and Mouth disease..Geez .. I remember when my oldest had this when she was like 3 yrs old got it from day care. Hers was really bad and she was given just pedialyte to drink.Other than that there is Nothing that can be given, just have to let the virus pass on its own. If you are able to get sum Amoxocilin that helps with bacteria and healing.

Glad to hear your son got sum sleep, hope you are able to rest also. He will get better in time , you'll see

Cafe Veronica
by Veronica-Puerto Rico on Jul. 14, 2010 at 1:38 PM

You must be so tired mommy!! I'm glad he was able to get some sleep and I hope is not too bad if your little one gets it =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)