Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did anyone have a VBAC?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

I had a c-section with my dd, but the thought of going through another c-section is freaking me out!  I'm considering a VBAC with this baby. I was just wondering if anyone went through this and if they felt they made the right choice at the end.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I had a 2 c-sections.  For liability reasons, my doctor doesn't perform vbacs.  Being that I had been through the surgery once before, I knew what to expect and read up on how to prepare for it.  The recovery went way much better for me the second time around. 

sophiesmom07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Quoting dahlimamma:

I had a 2 c-sections.  For liability reasons, my doctor doesn't perform vbacs.  Being that I had been through the surgery once before, I knew what to expect and read up on how to prepare for it.  The recovery went way much better for me the second time around. 

This is what I have heard, I hope it is true!  Not sure if my obgyn performs them either, I have to speak to her and see what she recommends.

sodapple
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:17 PM
i had i vbac and it was the best decision i did for a long time. i had to go through all the negative thinking of people who didn't think it was possible or that i was going to die (a friend of my moms said that). but at the end i came out on top lol. check out the vbac group they support you all the way and also you can learn more about vbacs. personally i was able to be up and moving much faster that the csection, going home earlier and being able to take care of both my children just like before. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:24 PM
Ive never had a csection before but heres a bump for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MAMA-BEAR317
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Nope all came out threw the Rabbit hole

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Bump

Cafe Veronica
by Veronica-Puerto Rico on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I have had 2 C-sections and I wanted a VBAC but my doctor would not let me have it, he said it was too close from when I had my first one (22months). The second time, it did heal faster and I knew what to expect. It still hurt a lot though and I am still sensitive in that area till this day.

sophiesmom07
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Quoting Cafe Veronica:

I have had 2 C-sections and I wanted a VBAC but my doctor would not let me have it, he said it was too close from when I had my first one (22months). The second time, it did heal faster and I knew what to expect. It still hurt a lot though and I am still sensitive in that area till this day.

What do you consider faster?  i'm hoping that's the case. The more I think about this, the more I'm freaking out!

RainyRain
by Reyna on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:16 PM

I wanted to but wasn't allowed to have a VBAC due to medical issues. I agree with the other ladies, the healing was faster and the pain for me was less than with my first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)