Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:25 AM
  • 8 Replies

Who has it?  How bad is it? 

For the past year I feel that my anxiety has been out of control and I think I may need to see the doctor about it.  

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Supervane
by Vane on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:46 AM

I think I may have social anxiety  - lately just lately I have been getting really flusttered in places with crowds. I talked to my DH about it and he has noticed it to. I have never in my life experience anything like it, its only happened a few times but it makes my heart race and makes me shakey. My mom said my dad might have had it... I dunno I havent seen a Dr to discuss my symptoms, but I think I may need to aswell

sophiesmom07
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I do, you guys can pm if you wanna talk :)

sophiesmom07
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Quoting Supervane:

I think I may have social anxiety  - lately just lately I have been getting really flusttered in places with crowds. I talked to my DH about it and he has noticed it to. I have never in my life experience anything like it, its only happened a few times but it makes my heart race and makes me shakey. My mom said my dad might have had it... I dunno I havent seen a Dr to discuss my symptoms,

Is it an option for you to just quit this job? The stress is really not good for you, especially if you are feeling what you described.

dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Have you had any panic attacks?  Are you depressed?

GoddessJohnnie
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I have been on Paxil for almost 10 years due to anxiety and depression.  I did my best to deal with it (waited for years) and when I could no longer function, I went to a psychologist.

Getting on medication was one of the best decisions I ever made.  Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions!

The Goddess Otherwise Known As Johnnie

SDbabe
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Many times my anxiety comes out of no where.  I could be just driving to the store and WHAM it hits me.  There been a couple of times that I've woken up in mid attack, those have been the worst because it takes me a bit to figure out whats going on.

Supervane
by Vane on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting Supervane:

I think I may have social anxiety  - lately just lately I have been getting really flusttered in places with crowds. I talked to my DH about it and he has noticed it to. I have never in my life experience anything like it, its only happened a few times but it makes my heart race and makes me shakey. My mom said my dad might have had it... I dunno I havent seen a Dr to discuss my symptoms,

Is it an option for you to just quit this job? The stress is really not good for you, especially if you are feeling what you described.

Yeah it is an option - I work more for the benefits than money... DH's insurance SUCKS! I have thought about quitting and opening up my own child lead pre-school. The thing its I really like the work. I love everything about international trade, if the managers weren't such assholes to people it would be a different story.

dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:14 PM
God, how scary! It's not like you can predict when it'll happen. Ten cuidado cuando manejes.

Quoting SDbabe:

Many times my anxiety comes out of no where.  I could be just driving to the store and WHAM it hits me.  There been a couple of times that I've woken up in mid attack, those have been the worst because it takes me a bit to figure out whats going on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)