Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I STILL WANT TO CRY : ' ( im foreal not playing around

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM
  • 14 Replies

so yesterday morning was horrible. after hubby left to work around 7 i was still sleeping and the kids were still sleeping ( they sleep in the same room as us). well i was having this weird dream but it felt so real, their was a dark shadow i couldn't see their face or anything all i saw was a shadow it looked like a person. well it felt very scary and i it didn't feel friendly. it didn't even feel like a dream i felt lie i was really there.

well i started Herring my 2r old calling for me. and i know i was trying to wake up but i couldn't this dark shadow was holding me my son was calling mommy mommy. and i just couldn't wake up like i was waking up and then i would feel like something pushing me back into the dream it was so horrible, then i started waking up but i couldn't move my body.

i knew i was awaking because my eyes were open and i could see the room i just couldn't move talk or anything . my son kept calling for me. that just made me want to move more to make sure he was ok so i kept trying to move. but then again i felt like i kept dozing off into this dark shadow. next thing i feel like i was getting covered with something it was getting hard to breath. and eventually iw as able to move. omg i wanted to cry my son was fine he just wanted me to turn on the tv.so i turned it on and he sat down

i just wanted to cry i was so scare but i didn't want to scare him so i hold it in. i couldn't even sleep last night. i went to sleep at 2 in the morning and that was because i made hubby hug me all night long and then i woke up around 4 and couldn't go back to sleep so i woke up hubby. eventually i went back t sleep around 5. at 640 i woke up that'swhen hubby leaves to work so i was scare to go back to sleep. im so scare what can i do have any of you guys felt something like this?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Vane on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Oh my gosh...hun! Did you maybe have a supernatural experience?

I'm not sure if you believe in that or no but it sounds to me like it was more than just  dream...

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:46 PM
I have that all the time. Well except the shadow dream part. But I am mentally alert but my body isnt. I forget what the name of this symptom is. Ill look it up when I come online thru the land line.
Ive had these since I was a little girl as far back as 7 or 8.

Try to relax drink tea and get some sleep mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alejandra10
by Alejandra-Mexican on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:14 PM

ido believe in them and thats wha gets me so scare its horrible

Quoting Supervane:

Oh my gosh...hun! Did you maybe have a supernatural experience?

I'm not sure if you believe in that or no but it sounds to me like it was more than just  dream...

brujachavez
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Yes I had that happen to me me, actually a few times. it is scary. What helps me is when i first notice i can't move i just close my eyes and start to pray. The more i struggle to get up, talk or move makes me feel worse so i just lay there close my eyes and pray, pray alot and it works for me.

dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Call me superstitious and crazy, but I would sprinkle some holy water around the house.

angie582
by Angie-México on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:33 PM
OMG I HOPE IT WASN.T ANYTHING BAD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SDbabe
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Same here.

Quoting ana326:

I have that all the time. Well except the shadow dream part. But I am mentally alert but my body isnt
. I forget what the name of this symptom is. Ill look it up when I come online thru the land line.
Ive had these since I was a little girl as far back as 7 or 8.

Try to relax drink tea and get some sleep mama.

esper_d
by Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM

It is nothing to worry about. It is simply YOU trying to get back into your own body after your spirit astral projects. It has to routinely do this as your spirit was not meant for a physical body and must have time to be free.

I suggest googling Astral Projection or Astral Catalepsy so you can know more about it. Also, Sylvia Browne talks about it A LOT saying it is NOT an outside force and nothing to be scared of. It is simply yourself!

Also, this is a time you are most in tune with the "other side" as you are between planes. Between the physical reality and spiritual one. that is why you can hear thoughts, talking, etc during this time. The force, however, is your own spirit re-entering your body.

esper_d
by Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:57 PM

In non-spiritual terms, this is commonly known as sleep paralysis.

esper_d
by Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM

hth

Astral Catalepsy

Quote:

The term “astral catalepsy” was coined around 1930 by a researcher named Sylvan Muldoon, who spent much of his life recording the astral trips his spirit took during the night while his body slept. The first of those trips that he was aware of, when he was twelve years old, illustrates the birth of his intensive study of what he’d heard referred to until then only as “sleep paralysis”.

Muldoon’s first recorded astral trip during sleep started with his waking up in the middle of the night to find himself unable to move, see or hear, with a painful sense of severe pressure on his head. As his senses and ability to move slowly returned, and the pressure on his head subsided, he realized that he was actually outside of his body, floating above his bed and able to look down at himself and watch himself sleep. He was conscious of his spirit being pulled from a horizontal position to a vertical one as it left his body, and of embarking on a very detailed tour of the house in which he, in his spirit form, was able to move with great ease through doors and walls. He also was very aware of trying to shake his parents awake because he was afraid of what was happening to him, but they never seemed to feel him touching them.

And then, when he was above his body again, his spirit was pulled back into a horizontal position, and he experienced the same paralysis, loss of senses and pressure on his head that he’d gone through earlier. After a feeling of being jerked abruptly back into his body, he sat bolt upright in bed in a complete panic, able to remember and immediately write down the whole sequence of events with crystal clarity.

Sylvan Muldoon had an advantage in that experience that few who go through astral catalepsy enjoy – he had full memory of all the events before and after the sleep paralysis occurred, which gave him a context for what had happened to him. Without that context, it’s no wonder astral catalepsy feels like such a terrifying assault. So here’s the context and the explanation behind it.

Several times a week, whether we’re aware of it or not, our spirits take temporary breaks from our bodies during sleep to go visiting, exploring and simply running free. The vast majority of time, our spirits slip into and out of our bodies with the greatest of ease, without disturbing our sleeping conscious minds for a moment. But on rare occasions, depending on the level of sleep the conscious mind happens to be in, it can “catch” the spirit coming or going from the body. And in its less-than-alert state, the conscious mind, realizing the spirit is half in and half out of its body, jumps to an obvious conclusion: The body must be dying. It panics and promptly sends “you’re dying” signals to the body that correspond exactly to many of the sensations of astral catalepsy – the paralysis, the loss of senses, the inability to breathe or cry out for help; a whole serious of physiological and neurological “short circuits”. But when the conscious mind realizes that the spirit is safe and sound in the body again the signals stop, the sensations subside and another jarring but ultimately harmless incident is over with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)