• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for Saturday

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM
  • 6 Replies
How and when did you know/decide your husband or SO was the one you wanted to settle down with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Habichuela
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:07 PM
I had 2 kids before meeting my new hubby. My kids were both under 2 yrs old. He was very nice n helpful during rough times. I would have preferd to have waited longer to get married but his student visa was bout to expire so we decided after dating on & off 3 yrs to just get married. No one knew bout it for months so when I told the fam they were kinda mad we didn't have a wedding bcuz they all like him but I'm pretty low key type girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PRMommy86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Hmmmm I dont know. Our relationship started very wierdly and next thing I knew I was living with him and then a year later we got amrried. I guess it was just meant to be.

dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Three things:

1. From the moment I saw him, he had (and still has) that stable, good soul vibe about him.    

2. When he and I were dating, he lived two counties away from me.  He would come over and be with me whenever I was sick or when we'd get hit with a hurricane.

3.  When DH and I were dating, I had a dream with my mom, who had passed away several years before.  In this particular dream, as she walked through my apartment, she got on my case because it was a mess, which in reality it was at the time.  I remember in the dream she told me, "How can a single woman keep a house in such a state?  What will that boy say?"  The "boy" she was referring to was my husband.   I had dated many guys since my mom passed away.  Although I had a few dreams with her during those years, not once did she ever acknowledge any of the guys I dated, until I met my husband.  I definitely took this as a sign.  

GoddessJohnnie
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:30 PM

The first time I met my husband, I just knew in my heart and soul that he was for me.  After an hour of shooting pool together, he left for class and I literally said out loud "That is the man I'm going to marry."

This September, we'll be married 19 years. 

The Goddess Otherwise Known As Johnnie

SDbabe
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:59 PM

7/11/01

We had been dating for less than a month.  He was still in the military at the time and he called me that morning to ask if I had seen the news yet (I hadn't) then told me that he was going to be gone for a bit.  I was half asleep when he was talking to me and had no clue what was going on.  It wasn't until much later that day that I got what was happening.  He came back to me after about a week.  Not hearing from him and not know where he was or if he was okay did it for me.

sophiesmom07
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I knew not long after I met him, i'd say a few months.They say when it's the right person, you just know.  I just knew.  There was soemthing about him, I could not imagine myself without him because I envisioned myself married to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)