• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PERSONALLY.........IM STRUGGLING!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

MY DAUGHTER IS 11MONTHS OLD AND I CAN NEVER GET ANY THING DONE CUZ SHE ALWAYS WANTS ME TO HOLD HER OR LET HER LOSE AROUND THE HOUSE AND GET INTO EVERYTHING! I CANT COOK, CLEAN,OR EVEN EAT WITHOUT HER CRYING I TRY N GIVE HER TOYS IN HER PLAY PIN BUT SHE HATES IT IN THERE AND I START SKOOL AUG.23 HOW AM I GONNA STUDY?!?!?!?!?!  MY HUBBY TRIES TO HELP N MY MOM N LIL SIS TOO BUT THEY GOT THINGS THEY HAVE TO DO ASWELL. SO IM STUCK! WHAT DO I DO? IM GOING NUTZ TRYNA JUGGLE BEING A MOMMY A WIFE A STUDENT AND JUST BEING ME ALL AT THE SAME TIME! HOW DO I GET HER TO BE INDEPENDANT AND PLAY IN HER PLAY PIN? ANY IDEAS?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:30 PM
My 2 yr old daughter is the exact same way. When she was your daughter's age, I would put her in the high chair and give her some snacks or toys so she could see me while I cooked or cleaned the kitchen. Now that she's older and more mobile, usually have her help me put her cups and bowls away in a low cabinet that I have for the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PRMommy86
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I honestly dont know what you can do cause I never went through that with my son, but how about snacks and such? If you have a high chair or something put her in there with snacks and some water while you do your thing and have her next to you?

baby_smilez
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:14 AM

THANX MOMMIES I'LL TRY THAT SNACK THING LETZ HOPE IT WORKS! :)

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:24 PM

what about finding some "special toys" something that's really cool that you know she would love and she can only play with them in her playpen when you need your time. Then when your done put them away so she cna't play withthem...??

sophiesmom07
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:10 PM

How about getting her a large gate? My dd was this way and the gate was a life saver! You can get one large enough , you can seperate her to a portion of the room. She'll have lots of space and feel like she's "free, " but she'll be safe and you'll be able to get more done. 

baby_smilez
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2010 at 10:26 AM

hmmm i never thought of a gate ican try that! and the special toy thing that could work too! i just gotta figure out what would interest her lol

Joqui
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2010 at 1:09 PM

I always had my dd in a sleepy wrap so she would fall asleep in that and I could put her down.. my friend's son is 3 months old but he already has a phd in psychology and loves to be held,... I washed him for a little while for her and I ended up putting him in the bumbo (he's a big boy) and letting him sit there why I washed the dishes.. that kept him occupied for a lil' while.. long enough for me to finish ONE task LOL.. then into the sleepy wrap he went as well.. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)