Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So you heard the song... now what do you think of the video

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2010 at 10:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you think it's too much physical violence with Megan Fox playing the role of the gf and the dude from Lost?

What message do you think this is giving teens? do you think its a positive one or negative?

Do you think it's ironic that Rhianna chose to do this song with eminem?

by on Aug. 14, 2010 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Joqui
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I really don't think it sends a good message... it sensualized and romanticized domestic violence... at 15, 16, 17 you are going through so many emotions and its easy to fall into something like this.. it's surprising the numbers of teens who are in abusive relationships... I was in one as a teen, it wasn't to this extreme but we both did things that were out of control for our age...

I would think Rhianna would have more sense than to do a video for it... now that I've seen the video it gives me a whole different perspective on the song... when I heard it I thought it was about an abusive relationship but that they eventually called it quits.. the video is making it seem like even though its a hurtful and abusive relationship its ok to stay together??

PRMommy86
by on Aug. 14, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Quoting Joqui:

I really don't think it sends a good message... it sensualized and romanticized domestic violence... at 15, 16, 17 you are going through so many emotions and its easy to fall into something like this.. it's surprising the numbers of teens who are in abusive relationships... I was in one as a teen, it wasn't to this extreme but we both did things that were out of control for our age...

I would think Rhianna would have more sense than to do a video for it... now that I've seen the video it gives me a whole different perspective on the song... when I heard it I thought it was about an abusive relationship but that they eventually called it quits.. the video is making it seem like even though its a hurtful and abusive relationship its ok to stay together??

Thats what  i thought.

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Aug. 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM

I;m not going to even bother hearing it.. I don't like Eminem.

josiahsmommie
by Claudia on Aug. 16, 2010 at 12:23 AM

i liked the song. no, it doesnt send a good messege to teens out there. but i have personal reasons as to why i like the song.... i recently got out of an abusive relationship, i was with my sons father for 2 yrs and the last months were like hell yelling, hitting, shoving everything the video describes. when i would get fed up i would tell him to leave and hed apologize and promise not to do it again. i like the song because i can relate to it. i believe sum people can learn what NOT to do....by just watchin and listenin to this song

Habichuela
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Its all in the way you take the message of this video..

I rather Rhianna do another video like this then sum Rude boy Can you get it up ? THE SONG IS ABOUT IF a DUDE CAN GET A HARD AND HOW BIG HIS PENIS IS?  and our kids are singing this crap..... 

I wonder if thats why the chik in the video stayed dealing with the Abuse.. is it because his Penis was Big enuff.. WHo the hell knows..

Rhianna is the Right person to sing this song.. After getting her butt Whooped by Chris Brown she took him right back ?????  and most abused women do on and off over and over until they are strong enuff to leave..

This video will strike up many convos btwn the young ones and ya know many kids are gonna be like Oh hell nooo that chik is stupid for staying with that man shoot that could never be me, and for those watching who are going thru it may actually see themselves right there on the screen.  And if they dont like what they just saw then maybe that could be a wake up call.

I was in a Very Abusive relationship from 16 to 19 and I loved believing the Lies.. I hated fighting but the Makeup sex as many call it was sooo good.. and as a young misguided teen dealing with emotions you tend to stick it out with your True Love and sumtimes family members dont even know the abuse is going on .. thru Thick n Thin..

so Im sure that Many young ones more than we realize are going thru this right now and sometimes they just think it is them. they know they shouldnt be accepting the abuse just because the sex is good just because they made a promise never to leave but they stay and put up because they Love they way you lie to them to make them believe there is Hope..

I Hope that every teenager who is in a Dysfunctional relationship and sees this video gets a Good Wake up call like Dayummm that is kinda like my relationship.. OMG I need to break this dangerous pattern and leave and get sum Help. and for those who arent in this kinda relationship that they continue to avoid it at all cost and watch the pattern..

I will be showing this to my 10 yr old when shes back from camp.. I think this video really shows how screwed up things can get when you dont have Pride in yourself.

SDbabe
by on Aug. 16, 2010 at 12:37 PM

This is how I feel about the video, however I think Rhianna was the perfect person for this song.

Quoting Joqui:

2Bubbles
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2010 at 1:05 PM

first time i seen the video or heard the song....LOVE both of em!!! gave me chills!  the girl in the video is really really pretty!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)