Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS IT JUST ME?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

" HE ONLY SMOKES POT BUT OTHER THAN THAT HES A GOOD GUY"

i dont know about you ladies but im talking for myself here ,i hate when i hear women say that, what are you telling your kids you dont want them to smoke weed but is ok for dad to do it..  I was raised that drugs is drugs no matter what let it be weed , coke, opium..any of those things.  my dad was a police officer and used to give us the lectures of our lives lol. my DH is one too and we do the same to our kids but specially to our DD.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:43 PM
Oh God! I hate it when friends say "I don't mind that he drinks. It not like he's a mean drunk." it doesn't matter whether he's a mean drunk or a happy drunk, a drunk is a drunk is a drunk. And if he's drinking from sunrise to sunset, guess what? He's a drunk. All that "I don't mind" nonsense, is just an excuse for putting up with his crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Habichuela
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:44 PM

i agree wit you... i grew up in a home with lots of drugs n lots of " Do as I say, NOT as I Do " from my parents.. this did not help... I raise my kids that you have choices Right or Wrong.. theres no in btwn.. make the right choices to have a chance at a decent life.. Do not smoke, drink, do drugs or anything to alter your judgement or health.

Joqui
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:50 PM
I have a different vie on pot then a lot of people... Why is he smoking pot? Is it a medical reason? Does he go to work? Does he provide for his family?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 3:55 PM

No, I would not be happy if my dh smoked pot and I would not want my kids to see it. Now as for drinking, I have no problem, we are both social drinkers and I enjoy my cocktails!  Unless you are an alcoholic who drinks daily, then I would have a problem.  

cynprz
by Cynthia on Sep. 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Well I USED to smoke and did my Husband. He still smoked when I met him and I had stopped like 3 years before hand. Never smoked around me and was never high around me (as far as I know)  As soon as we found out I was pregnant he stopped smoking and hasn't smoked ever since. This I know for a fact because we are ALWAYS together lol. We were only dating for a couple of months before I became pregnant. But I always told myself back when I used to smoke that if I became pregnant I would stop and stop it forever. It's not a good example for you to be telling your kids not to smoke, drink, etc when you are doing it.

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Sep. 2, 2010 at 12:33 PM

This..

Quoting Joqui:

I have a different vie on pot then a lot of people... Why is he smoking pot? Is it a medical reason? Does he go to work? Does he provide for his family?

karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Sep. 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM

thank God that's not my case.  the person im talking about her husband does work and provide for the family.  but tell me then with a teenager acting up in the house do you think he has the right to tell her not to do things(which shes not.  hopefully) when hes doing it himself. and just for recreation.

Quoting Joqui:

Pr1nc3s4B3114
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 1:20 PM
Yes that irritates me, we have lowered our standards and values a little too much... Nothing good ever comes out of drugs so why even go there...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Sep. 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM

my point exactly!

Quoting cynprz:

Well I USED to smoke and did my Husband. He still smoked when I met him and I had stopped like 3 years before hand. Never smoked around me and was never high around me (as far as I know)  As soon as we found out I was pregnant he stopped smoking and hasn't smoked ever since. This I know for a fact because we are ALWAYS together lol. We were only dating for a couple of months before I became pregnant. But I always told myself back when I used to smoke that if I became pregnant I would stop and stop it forever. It's not a good example for you to be telling your kids not to smoke, drink, etc when you are doing it.

Pr1nc3s4B3114
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 1:27 PM
This is the part that worries me, how can u expect your kids to be good if u r not setting a good example yourself, and I know that it is a possibility that they will be tempted to try them at one point or another, but you can lower those chances just by setting a good example...

Quoting karma729:

thank God that's not my case.  the person im talking about her husband does work and provide for the family.  but tell me then with a teenager acting up in the house do you think he has the right to tell her not to do things(which shes not.  hopefully) when hes doing it himself. and just for recreation.

Quoting Joqui:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)