Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad Day at School

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:35 PM
  • 16 Replies

Sigh....I went to pick up my lil man and his teacher tells me that his color got changed for the day [green is good, yellow didnt do to good, red bad] so I was like why? Since school started he's had all green. Well she tells me that in the halway there were boxes and he was touching them and she told him various times to please not touch. So she said he would just put his hands behind his back and touch the boxes with his head! I am a little upset at my son for acting like this, I mean he's no saint but I have never had a complaint of my son with others. So as soon as we got in the car I told him no cartoons and explained to him why. So now I have a 4 yr old crying STILL about not being able to watch cartoons.

Just had to let it out because I have no one right now lol. My mom is at work and my husband is in the field till Thursday...smh.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:43 PM
I'm in the same boat as you with my guy who's also 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joqui
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:05 PM

aww man chica I'm sorry...

PRMommy86
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Thanks. Im just frustrated. He's only been there a week and here we go!

RainyRain
by Reyna on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:28 PM

He is just trying to test his boundaries I am sure after this punishment he will behave better.

{{ Big Hug }}

PRMommy86
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I sure hope thats all it is and that this is it lol. Thanks :)

Habichuela
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:35 PM

hes curious but needs to understand no means no and that its for the sake of his safety.. he will learn, its all part of growing up. Dont let this get to you too much, just keep a good eye on him now with this not following directions and as your doing dont let him get away with it.

dperez
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:41 PM

This... It's important to be persistent. I am STILL learning this with my 18 month old & 11 yr old :) I hope he has a great day tomorrow. Go green!!

Quoting Habichuela:

hes curious but needs to understand no means no and that its for the sake of his safety.. he will learn, its all part of growing up. Dont let this get to you too much, just keep a good eye on him now with this not following directions and as your doing dont let him get away with it.

PRMommy86
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Yeah he knows when I say no to something I am not changing my mind. But I will have to keep up with the following directions. At home he gets time out and all that stuff. School is totally different and I need to come up with a new game plan.

Quoting Habichuela:

PRMommy86
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Thank you. I hope he gets green too. Now I am going to be all worried tomorrow wondering if he's behaving ugh.

Quoting dperez:

This... It's important to be persistent. I am STILL learning this with my 18 month old & 11 yr old :) I hope he has a great day tomorrow. Go green!!

Habichuela
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:17 PM

you can always pop up at the school. also get a calendar and find out what days there will be Art or Computer day etc and mark it on the calendar days in advance, even field trips.. when he acts up in school you can tell him that he will miss 1 activity and while everyone is having fun he will sit in another classroom and do school work. (my grandma is a retired nyc elem school teacher and use to do this to students, have a chart with all upcoming events and based on how many red stickers a kid had depends on what field trip they can not attend or activity they could not participate in.. lets just say my grandma got respect and very few kids missed out on fun time after finding out she was serious -- also good to do at home.. kids need to not only verbally hear but see what their consequences are.

Quoting PRMommy86:

Yeah he knows when I say no to something I am not changing my mind. But I will have to keep up with the following directions. At home he gets time out and all that stuff. School is totally different and I need to come up with a new game plan.

Quoting Habichuela:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)