Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advise...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM
  • 2 Replies

Okay ladies so tell me what you think about this. I want to go out with my friends to do dinner/drinks. I haven't seen them in over 10 years. Im the type of person that is very quiet, I don't party/drink. I really don't have any local friends to talk to & I really feel like I need to spend some time with friends but everytime I bring up this topic my husbands attitude changes. For instance he says how come everytime He wants to go to dinner I always say no. He's really making me feel guilty for wanting to go spend time with my friends. By the way we do go out to dinner by ourselves on occasions like just 2 weekends ago we did dinner without the kids & we had fun. I don't know why he makes this so difficult for me & I'm the type that gets really nervous just asking if its okay to go out & if he makes me feel guilty I get depressed & cry about it. What should I do?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
PRMommy86
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Well he has a point. If you tell him no, why should you get a yes? Not trying to be mean. With DH and I its if you go out then I do too. We have limits as to where though. Like he doesnt expect me to give him an Ok to go clubbing or a strip club anything like that lol. He has gone out with the guys for drinks and wings and its all good :) Then my turn comes, I go out to dinner with my friends and have a few drinks. Its a give and take thing.

Habichuela
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:24 PM

you already know that he will be annoyed if you ask him even if you dont go, so just Go.. you have to spend time with other people its only normal and healthy to do this. you have to train him that its not fair or normal for him to react that way to you. and if you notice that he doesnt improve you may just need to keep certain things to yourself if you choose to stay in your relationship. But first you need to get out more so he can get use to you having your own personal time. let him know hey im going to the book store for 2 hours next saturday alone, just want some me time. let him start noticing this and trusting you and eventually you can go out more with no problem, but of course if he doesnt work with you on this, then your situation may be a lil more complicated than just hanging out,, Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)