See what CafeMoms are saying about saving time this holiday season..
Kindly posted by:
Chipotle Chicken Tostadas (aka Tinga)
1. put chx in pot with enough water to cover ( the chx could be frozen it's just going to take longer for it to cook) add a few big slices of onion to the water, some whole garlic or you can use powder if you want and I use 1 square of chx bouillon in the water also.
2. Once the chx is cooked, let it cool and when it's cool enough to handle shred the chx. use your hands it's easier and faster.
3. while your chx is cooling down or cooking. use a deep skillet to the start sauce.
you will use a minimal amount of cooking oil about 1-2tbsp. just enough to sauté the sliced onions. We want the onions to be soft (do not burn it will make it bitter) and translucent.
4. Once that's done, add the can of tomato sauce. I use the same can to pour water in the skillet so about 2 cans of water.
5. Next pour in the chipotle sauce, if you buy the can w/the whole chipotle pepper in the sauce be careful not to smash the pepper open while stirring unless you want it to be spicy. I leave them in until it's all cooked and done then I just pick them out and toss them.
6. Next add the Oregano, to the sauce and 1 chx bouillon square or 1 tbsp of powder bouillon.
Let the sauce boil, bring it down to a light simmer and then add shredded chx, stir.
(you shouldn't have to add salt usually it's good on salt).
NOTE: After all is done, if it's too dr,slowly add more water and let it simmer again. If it's to watery eehhh... you know for next time not to add to much water..lol. sorry best i got ;0)
serve plain w/just chx and on top of tostadas, or you can use sour cream and shredded cheese. Brian (hubby) has used shredded mozzarella but I usually try to have the Mexican cheese (Queso Fresco) it crumbles very easily.