Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do they watch any Spanish cartoons?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

Is it just me? Anyone else notice how horrible the spanish cartoons sound? The spanish is so fast and the voices are all whiney!  I found one that is actually dubbed very nicely, the spanish is clear and slow, "Chloe." Angelina Ballerina is not bad either.  My dd loves these! They have a bunch of spanish cartoons on In Demand, btw...

Do your LO's watch any spanish cartoons?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Joqui
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Well we have AT&T Uverse and I cannot find any on demand.. and I can never find any spanish cartoons on Univision, Azteca, etc. I would have them watch it.. only because I'd figured they'd LEARN some spanish .. but yes, I hate dubbed cartoons/movies, etc.

PRMommy86
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Nope he doesnt lol. He did when our niece was here and well she only speaks spanigh. the only channel that we can switch to spanish carttons is boomerang and omg are there voices annoying lol.

Supervane
by Vane on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Pocoyo - we also watch him in German & French. They have him in Castellano & Spanish... so the translations are acurate to both dialects. And Portia loves him!

RainyRain
by Reyna on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:50 PM

No they don't watch spanish cartoons either, I haven't seen Chloe, Angelina Ballerina or Pocoyo but the ones that I have seen are quite corny and their speech it's just to odd ex: "OH GRANDIOSO". I find them super annoying.

ely209
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:07 AM

my kid watches a channel called c beebies i think i spelled it right lol omg is so annoying the repeat and repeat lo mismo ughhhh but daughter luvs chloe teletubbies and others lol

josiahsmommie
by Claudia on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:13 AM
I tried having my son watch go diego go and dora on univision but the spanish and english they teach sounds so corny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamatiger18
by Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:14 AM

I used to watch dragonball in spanish, it got annoying really fast. 

dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:16 AM
Dora, Diego, Pocoyo & Pinky, Dinky, Doo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joqui
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:16 AM

actually since I grew up watching dragon ball z in Spanish, watching it in English irritates the mess out of me... but watching it in Japanese with English subs I can do .... kinda like Evangelion... won't watch it in any language xcept Japanese...

Quoting mamatiger18:

I used to watch dragonball in spanish, it got annoying really fast. 

brandyblx
by Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:33 AM

yup they watch almost all tv in spanish....we have direct tv and my hubby has ordered all the spanish channels. My 7 yr old managed to convince his dumbass teacher last year that he didn't talk ENGLISH!! Everytime he "forgot" and said a word in spanish I'd get a call asking me to put him in an english learners class!! My very smart little boy noticed that his teacher would freak out everytime he said anything in spanish and kept doing it.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)