Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dulce Dominicano, Yummy!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM
  • 21 Replies
Well, my mom stopped by my house with some dulce dominicano. That's right ladies dulce de leche, conconete, halao y un biscochito de coco. All brought from DR, by my mom's cousin. I'm in heavy right now just had some of the biscochito de coco. I'm dying to get some Anis liquor from DR, love that too. But my mom said they don't make it like they used too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ctouzet
by Cathy on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Ok where's that damn "LIKE" button when I need it????

jenniffrm
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM
I know the feeling, lol!

Quoting ctouzet:

Ok where's that damn "LIKE" button when I need it????

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:08 AM
Did you get any mentas? I haven't had coconete in 4ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniffrm
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:34 AM
No damn it I knew they were holding out on me, lol.

Quoting dahlimamma:

Did you get any mentas? I haven't had coconete in 4ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:51 PM

DAMMMMM girl lucky you!! 

i love halao y palito de coco , can eat a whole hting in one seating..lol 

jenniffrm
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:25 PM
I can too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Ok THE most important question -
the Dulce de leche: is it plain or with guava or orange?

Make sure you search her for queso holandita/geo, casabe, and the little cookies that they put in the habichuela con dulce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniffrm
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 1:30 PM
No El dulce de leche is plain. They really haven't been bringing cheese and if she did bring my dear old dad ate it by now. That hog! Nope no galleticas for the habichuela con dulce, they bring them anymore, it's been years since they brought the cookies. We actually by them here in NYC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dahlimamma
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2010 at 2:45 PM
You have no idea how many times I've told my aunts that all those DR treats are easily found in any bodega in Wash Heights, and their answer's always the same, "Ay, pero it's not the same." ¡Explícate!

Quoting jenniffrm:

No El dulce de leche is plain. They really haven't been bringing cheese and if she did bring my dear old dad ate it by now. That hog! Nope no galleticas for the habichuela con dulce, they bring them anymore, it's been years since they brought the cookies. We actually by them here in NYC.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniffrm
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 6:09 PM
I have to agree with your aunt. I'll always buy some, pero no saben igual. Where in Washington Heights you from? I grew up in Dyckman. :-)

Quoting dahlimamma:

You have no idea how many times I've told my aunts that all those DR treats are easily found in any bodega in Wash Heights, and their answer's always the same, "Ay, pero it's not the same." ¡Explícate!

Quoting jenniffrm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)