Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just dont know what to do anymore..... [Lil long]

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM
  • 19 Replies

My son is in Pre-K and since last month he has been misbehaving A LOT! Everyday they have a folder sent home with a color on the day it ranges from Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, and Black. Back in Sept-Oct he maybe got one or two yellows but since nov hit he now comes home with oranges. Nothing works. Time out, no cartoons, no books, no toys, nothing. Its been two weeks now that every day he comes hom ewith orange maybe one green. Today he came with a RED! His teacher told me she didnt call me cause she didnt have time! I am just so frustrated, mad, embarresed, just ugh!! He doesnt listen to his teacher anymore, he's always talking even when asked many times to be quiet during class, plays with his food in the cafeteria, playing in the bathroom, he now started fighting in line with other kids (this happened today for the 1st time) running in the hallway, pushing in line. When she tells me all these things I just cant beleive it! I have NEVER seen my son do this EVER. Its like I dont know him, like a different person when he's at school. I never had any complaints when he was in daycare, he plays GREAT with my friends children, when friends or fam watch him they say he's very well behaved. His teacher today even sent him to another class room because she just couldnt anymore with him today.

Idk, I guess I just wanted to let it out. Im at a loss....

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laindiamaria007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:48 PM

i feel for ya...no advice, just wanted to let you know i hear you

dperez
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I'm sorry I know how that feels. Maybe try talking to him without the punishment, play with him and start asking questions to see if he opens up about something that might be bothering him. Has anything changed in the household? Kids tend to pick up on stuff and act out on it. I wish I had better advice, hang in there  I know it's frustrating.

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Josiah had the same issues when he first went to Kinder. I was so embarrassed and didn't know what to do. Did everything. sat down and talked to him, took stuff away. If came down to a spanking every day after school for a bad behavior report and in his room for the rest of that day. Took about 2mnths or so off and on tell I got a letter from his teacher about how well behaved he has been and a joy in class now. :) Now in 1st grade and gets nothing but green stars every day!  Also let me add, their was a little boy *in 1st* that was influencing my son too. Telling him it was "cool" to do this stuff. I banned Josiah from playing with this kid. I met his parents and him at some parent thing at school, this kid was a menace and the parents just laughed it off and did whatever he wanted. Hell no.

PRMommy86
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Ive done the whole talking and playing thing too and nothing. Nothing has really changed except that my mom moved back home on the 15th and she had been living with us for 4 months. But he talks to her at least once a week and he expresses to me that he misses her and we talk. But other than that things are the same. Sigh just so frustrating.

Quoting dperez:

I'm sorry I know how that feels. Maybe try talking to him without the punishment, play with him and start asking questions to see if he opens up about something that might be bothering him. Has anything changed in the household? Kids tend to pick up on stuff and act out on it. I wish I had better advice, hang in there  I know it's frustrating.

emore626
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:16 PM

yea, maybe playing with you ask him random questions to see what he tells you.. maybe something is going on at school that he is not comfortable with, or like dperez said any changes at home too.....just try to calm down, and see what he says...

PRMommy86
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:24 PM

See thats what DH and I have been thinking but I ask my son and he doesnt mention names just "friends" once in awhile he'l mention a Brayden that he got in trouble or something. I think Im going to have to talk to his teacher tomorrow or at least set up a chit chat with er after school.

Quoting krise:

Josiah had the same issues when he first went to Kinder. I was so embarrassed and didn't know what to do. Did everything. sat down and talked to him, took stuff away. If came down to a spanking every day after school for a bad behavior report and in his room for the rest of that day. Took about 2mnths or so off and on tell I got a letter from his teacher about how well behaved he has been and a joy in class now. :) Now in 1st grade and gets nothing but green stars every day!  Also let me add, their was a little boy *in 1st* that was influencing my son too. Telling him it was "cool" to do this stuff. I banned Josiah from playing with this kid. I met his parents and him at some parent thing at school, this kid was a menace and the parents just laughed it off and did whatever he wanted. Hell no.

soraida02
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Hi, i know the feeling, but try talking to him when he is in  a good mood he might tell you what's bothering him

Joqui
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:35 PM

maybe he is just exhausted ... was he use to taking naps before going to pre-k? do they take naps in pre-k? how many children are in the classroom? how much one on one attention is he getting? it could also be that he is squirmy... a lot of times right before any types of breaks kids get "fed up with school" or right before summer vakay

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:59 PM

He also said "friends" Aloria had to tell me which boy was causing the issues with Josiah. She's his second mom at school I swear. lol.

Quoting PRMommy86:

See thats what DH and I have been thinking but I ask my son and he doesnt mention names just "friends" once in awhile he'l mention a Brayden that he got in trouble or something. I think Im going to have to talk to his teacher tomorrow or at least set up a chit chat with er after school.

Quoting krise:

PRMommy86
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:15 PM

They take naps at school but they dont make them sleep. If they dont want to sleep they just have to lay down and be quiet. He's not a napper, he stopped taking naps at the age of 1 1/2. In his class there are 20 kids as to one on one time Im not sure. hmmm things did get worse when he went back from thanksgiving.

Quoting Joqui:

maybe he is just exhausted ... was he use to taking naps before going to pre-k? do they take naps in pre-k? how many children are in the classroom? how much one on one attention is he getting? it could also be that he is squirmy... a lot of times right before any types of breaks kids get "fed up with school" or right before summer vakay

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)