Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes Yes Im a Grandma !

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

Im a Grandma becuz my darling Toy Poodle gave birth to 4 puppies, 2 boys 2 girls on Friday Dec 3rd. ( as if i really needed anything else to keep me busy ) They are mixed with a long hair Chihuahua.. Oh gosh I hope they come out pretty. So here I am taking care of newborns again ughhh.. They are soo cute all look soo different, I will post pics 2moro I have to upload them.

They have been keeping me up at night and even my toddler is staying up at night becuz of all the squeeling. My dog is such a good mommy, shes attentive and patient, but driving me nutts with wanting to go for walks alot in the middle of the night.. Oh gosh I feel like I just had another baby. Has anyone had puppies before ? This is my first time and so I have been online looking up info and spending alot of time helping my dog since she is 8 yrs old.

Any tips ?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Homeschoolmom99
by Barb-Cuba on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Congrats and nope never been through that!

Joqui
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:32 PM

aw I'm glad she's a good mommy!! 

my husband's bestie (lol that sounds funny) just had a litter of pups.. he had to force his b* to be with her pups... 

I have no advice, never been through it but I will ask dh to ask his friend and see what is the must things ... 

congrats ABUELA!! 

momma_814
by Zayra-Mexicana on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Congrats Abuelita Habi :)

Joqui
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:19 PM

hey dee! 

what happened to them pics gurl we still waiting! ninja

Joqui
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:21 PM

ps. dh's bestie said you gotta make sure the momma is getting all the extra calories she needs while feeding the little ones... they will suck her dry 

PRMommy86
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Awwww congrats!!! Ive never cared for new born pups but have with love birds and wow that was hard lol especially since I had to hand feed them LOL!!

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:17 PM

congrats!!! No tips or idea, I want to see pics!

.Peaches.
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I haven't had any puppies that young before, but I can only imagine how much work they are!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)