Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If is Latina Group. Can the Group Be ONLY Spanish??

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM
  • 23 Replies

This group suppose to be for Latinas then why everything is English. We have alot of MOM that dont speak or write Engliish.

IT GOOD HAVING THE GROUP BOTH WAY ENGLISH AND SPANISH. I WAS  ONLY THINKING ABOUT THOSE MOM THAT DONT SPEAK OR WRITE ENGLISH.

:)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Hablamos ingles y espanol mama

ctouzet
by Cathy on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Si, cualquiera que no hable ingles, la invitamos a hablar espa~nol.  Todos estan bienvenidos.

Habichuela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Well everyone is more than Welcome to write in what ever language they feel comfortable in. Im latina but my spanish is not that great, therefore I write in English. And not everyone here is of Latin descent, some are married to a Latino with mixed children. So no need to speak in one language, we are a group and culture of many. 

sodapple
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:41 PM

i think it cannot be ONLY spanish because there are moms that are latinas but do not speak  or read spanish.

yo creo que el grupo no puede ser SOLO en espa~nol, ya que ay mamas que no hablan o leen espa~nol.

just my opinion, solo mi opinion.

piwife
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM
I speak both but I prefer english
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:46 PM
Muy bien dicho.:)

Quoting sodapple:

i think it cannot be ONLY spanish because there are moms that are latinas but do not speak  or read spanish.

yo creo que el grupo no puede ser SOLO en espa~nol, ya que ay mamas que no hablan o leen espa~nol.

just my opinion, solo mi opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie582
by Angie-México on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I agree w/ the ladies, there's a lot of ladies that actually post in spanish....I like the diversity ^_^ and I agree w/ dee not all the mamas are latinas by birth...they're latinas by marriage :)

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Yup can't forget the wifetinas

Quoting angie582:

I agree w/ the ladies, there's a lot of ladies that actually post in spanish....I like the diversity ^_^ and I agree w/ dee not all the mamas are latinas by birth...they're latinas by marriage :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DollofMalice
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Latina doesn't equal fluent in Spanish, especially since many of us are of mixed descent. 

But type in whatever you are comfortable... 

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:52 PM
This

Quoting DollofMalice:

Latina doesn't equal fluent in Spanish, especially since many of us are of mixed descent. 

But type in whatever you are comfortable... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)