Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they called my nena fat =(

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:24 PM
  • 31 Replies

..sorry if this is a bit long,

Ok yesterday my dd came home from school and said 2 boys hated her, she explained how they had told her she was fat (but she isn't...not just saying that because i'm her mom but she's a regular 6yr old she weighs 49lbs and almost 4ft).

she looked a bit down but then we spoke for a while and she said how the 2 boys liked her friend and how she kissed both of them (I FLIPPED they're in 1st grade!..for the record my dd thought it was gross)and how she wears really short shorts and has fake nails so they like her better. I told her how that wasn't the right attention and how boys were stupid. I asked her if she wanted that kind of attention and she said "eeew no" it just hurt that they had called her fat. I had a long talk w/ her about good self esteem, How she shouldn't worry about boys for now, and making sure she was ok, and when her daddy came home I let him know and he took her out on a "date" (they went to see a movie :) and he let her know she was beautiful.

well when I picked her up @ school today her teacher told me how proud she was of her. she said she heard my dd's friend talking about boys and my dd responded " ugh...school isn't for making boyfriends,school is for learning " ^_^ and my dd let me know she made a group of new friends and they talked about their favorite princess all day...Now that's what 1st grade girls should be talking about!

.....................super proud of her!

How would you have handeled this situation?...do you think I did the right thing by not blowing out of proportion?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie582
by Angie-México on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:25 PM

btw I told her friends mom(because we talk to each other) and she said "Oh I know she's such a heart breaker"...I just gave her a WTH kinda look and then smiled politely and walked away

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Awwww poor baby. Good for her for dropping that lil friend like a bad habit.

My oldest whos in second has come home upset cause she was called fat. I talk with her and tell her there is nothing bad about being fat (even tho she isnt) and talk with her about bullying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:32 PM
Crap I pressed reply too soon.

Ive also talk to her about how to handle bullying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Oh wow!!! So she shouldn't be surprised when her little "heart breaker" comes home pregnant at a young age

Quoting angie582:

btw I told her friends mom(because we talk to each other) and she said "Oh I know she's such a heart breaker"...I just gave her a WTH kinda look and then smiled politely and walked away

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elle31106
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM
That is exactly what I was thinking.

Quoting ana326:

Oh wow!!! So she shouldn't be surprised when her little "heart breaker" comes home pregnant at a young age

Quoting angie582:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie582
by Angie-México on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM

:( same here...just thought I had a little more time, like a few more years to talk to her about it...but I guess I gotta keep up w/ the times :/

I swear Ana the mom in me wanted to grab those boys by the orejas..But I kept my cool

Quoting ana326:

Crap I pressed reply too soon.

Ive also talk to her about how to handle bullying

mstrendygirl
by Irene-Mexicana on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Quoting angie582:

U HANDLED IT VERY WELL ANGIE,,, AND HER BEING OK ON HOW HER DD IS I WONDER WHERE SHE GOT THAT FROM

angie582
by Angie-México on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Quoting mstrendygirl:

Quoting angie582:

U HANDLED IT VERY WELL ANGIE,,, AND HER BEING OK ON HOW HER DD IS I WONDER WHERE SHE GOT THAT FROM

their whole family is that way...we went to a little party a few weeks back w/ them and they thought it was soo cute how their 3yr old boy would corner the girls and kiss them and try to grab them...so not ok much less "cute" in my book :/

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:42 PM

You did the right thing & with Dad taking her on the date helped even more. That is what's called good teamwork from parents! Amen & it worked really good! God Bless your DD!

DollofMalice
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Let me tell you, after working for a few years in an elementary school, it was apalling the things kids would say. I cannot believe how fast they grow up. I had to discuss why sex was an inappropriate word with my son in Kinder. A 1st grader said another student wanted to have sex with me. A second grade and 1st grader would try to touch each other inappropriately when we would watch movies. I can go on and on. 

I am so sorry you had to go through this. I cannot say too many times how truly vicious kids can be, and especially girls. By 4th-5th grade, they are pure evil. I hope your talk with her will sooth her self esteem and that she is a strong enough girl not to let the mean words of others get to her. HUGS mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)