Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be offended...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:30 PM
  • 18 Replies

Would you be offended if you gave your kid's clothes to someone you thought needed them, but found out they sold them?

Just curious because I know of someone who was upset about this.  

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:32 PM

WELL AFTER YOU GIVE THEM, THAT'S ON THEM.  BUT I KNOW I WOULDNT GIVE IT THEM AGAIN IF THEY DIDNT APPRECIATED .

sophiesmom07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I don't think I would be upset, but I can't say for sure. Maybe they needed the money more than the clothes...

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Quoting karma729:

WELL AFTER YOU GIVE THEM, THAT'S ON THEM.  BUT I KNOW I WOULDNT GIVE IT THEM AGAIN IF THEY DIDNT APPRECIATED .

this... I gave the items to them for their use.... Next time I wouldn't give them anything else. I would sell them or give them too goodwill myself.

Homeschoolmom99
by Barb-Cuba on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Did they use them at all? My niece got doubles of everything from a women at my sisters job who had twin girls the year before half the stuff went to a consignment shop

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I don't think I would be upset, but I can't say for sure. Maybe they needed the money more than the clothes...

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Yes i prolly would be upset bcs if i gave it to them i would think they were going to make use of it not sell it.

mum1
by Divia on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:50 PM
No because once I give something away, what they do with it is on them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:24 PM

yeah but I would hope that used the money that they got from selling the clothes on the kids and not other things.

Quoting sophiesmom07:

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Quoting kgmmw:

yeah but I would hope that used the money that they got from selling the clothes on the kids and not other things.

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Yea right on point I would sure hope so too. I dont think i'd be that upset now that i think about it yea they may need the money more than the clothes i never know yea i dont think i'd be that mad.

karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:29 PM

LIKE THIS IT WOULDNT BE A PROBLEM.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Did they use them at all? My niece got doubles of everything from a women at my sisters job who had twin girls the year before half the stuff went to a consignment shop

Quoting sophiesmom07:

momma_814
by Zayra-Mexicana on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM

If they sold them and their kid is still in need then yeah i would be mad. But if they sold them and used the money on the kid then no.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)