Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

March Madness and Gladness ! Who else is looking forward to April ????

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:19 AM
  • 3 Replies

Good morning ladies, hope everyone is doing well. 

All is well on my end, just going thru March Madness, now I really understand the true meaning of those words. lol From the seizure and fever my toddler had, to my tooth (still havent gotten it worked on since the price of surgery is 980.00 bucks but the pain is not bothering me right now and Im saving my doe and i just got dental coverage that starts as of April 1st sooo just a few more days to wait lol) to looking for a new home,

Which we stopped doing as of this past weekend bcuz the Autistic schools I was applying to in the next county I want to move to wont accept my application for my son until we are already residents and therefore I would have to move there first, apply go on a waiting list which can take months, but in the meanwhile enroll him in the local public school of the neighborhood we would move to and have anohter big ol IEP meeting to determine if he is to go to that school or get a Special Assignment to another school, and then if the waiting list speeds up and approves him then Im to take him out and put him in the private school that I originally wanted him to go to.. ughhhhh (reason for wanting to move out of town was becuz of a Job opportunity that I have- but I decided NOT to take it cuz I dont want to bounce my son around more than he already has.so we will be staying put since hes doing Fantastic in school now)

then my jeep has been acting up had to get more work done to it, and then just this weekend got a new alternator, got a mechanic to come to my home over the weekend and work on it, and now this morning as I was getting ready to drive kids to school cuz of the rain my jeep still wont start had to take hubby car- glad for that... just a quick run down as to why I have Not been online much this March.. btwn phone calls to schools, and apts/houses and health issues I havent had the energy, but I miss everyone here in the group very much , id rather be chilling on line with yall then on the phone or driving all over the state.

soooo with all that said.. I know I cant be the only looking forward to April.. Who else is with me  ? lol

On a Good Note

But today is a Great day for me,  becuz Delilah (my oldest) starts her first day as Safety Patrol Monitor.. Im sooo proud of her, esp since she has only been back to Public School since November 2010 and already has been recognized as a Good Role Model student (and good grades). Ive been giggly all week despite all the drama Ive endured this month, bcuz the kids in my complex that go to her school all keep saying.. Gosh this just isnt fair, Delillah is still new to the school and got picked for Safety Patrol already and I didnt get picked .. LOL.. not to be laughing at the kids misfortune but I have worked very hard with my kids esp Delilah about Proper Conduct not getting caught up in kid gossip and just Focus on Education that the teachers picked up on her positive aura in less than 4 months (schools been in since August) ..  ( I homeschooled my kids last year )

Sometimes she thinks Im mean, and yea Im a very loud,crazt and ghetto with her but funny and loving more so , but I dont let my kids out to play on school days, no tv on school days just homework and reading books and if we watch tv its educational, that all her friends say Gosh Delilah we never see you anymore,(i let her out all day long on the weekends but she says that kids are boring and talk too fresh that she rather read books and go to the library) yet all the kids that were complaining about not getting picked are the ones to get home from school and just play outside right away until 9 pm and always coming to me asking Me for help with their homework and stuff cuz their parents are never home to help them..  Im just soo proud shes actually reaping the benefits of Focusing on whats important and learning to Trust my decisions and not get defensive with me. Shes alot like me, sassy, sarcastic, smart but much BETTER .. whoooo thats what I was hoping for lol.. (cuz I was a pain in the azz kid, and student, smart but always getting suspended, my azz beat, and on punishment) .

Anyways , It has been raining all morning so I wasnt able to get a photo of Delilah at her Post, but will share pics as soon as I can get a good shot of her.

Thanks for letting me ramble on.. 

How is everyones kids doing in school this year ? Whos kids are on Spring break right now ? 

Whats new ? (gonna take me a while to get to everyones previous post)

my nehphew is with me for this week for his break but my kids dont get theirs until April 25th wth.. 

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Wtg Delilah :) Im glad things are starting to look up for you dee. Hopefully April is going to be your month and you can find a great home for you and your family and also a school for your son. My kids are all doing great right now. Enjoying the last week before they go on spring break. My kids are doing awesome in school right now. Last night MArisa was reading her book from school and she zipped right through it. She is great at reading and I am so proud of her. Thursday we go to register Manuel for Kindergarten wow the time has flown by. Enjoy your day Dee :)

Habichuela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Thats wonderful how well Marisa is reading her books. Its a great feeling to see the lil ones learning isnt it ? Wow Manuel is getting ready for Kgrade already.. gosh time flies by fast.

Quoting kgmmw:

Wtg Delilah :) Im glad things are starting to look up for you dee. Hopefully April is going to be your month and you can find a great home for you and your family and also a school for your son. My kids are all doing great right now. Enjoying the last week before they go on spring break. My kids are doing awesome in school right now. Last night MArisa was reading her book from school and she zipped right through it. She is great at reading and I am so proud of her. Thursday we go to register Manuel for Kindergarten wow the time has flown by. Enjoy your day Dee :)

karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM

WOW THAT IS NICE FOR DALELAH AND FOR YOU. YOUR HARD WORK HAS PAYED OFF.  WELL MY OLDEST IS GETTING HIS CAT TOGETHER, HE ENROLLED IN BASEBALL AND ISTRAINING ON WEEKDAYS AND SOME SATURDAYS. HE'S PICKING UP HIS GRADE THANK GOD!!!, HE'S VER SMART BUT TENDS TO TAKE IT TOO EASY.  HE BETTER BECAUSE HE'S GOING TO COLLEGE THIS SEPTEMBER( CON DIOS POR DELANTE).  MY DD IS DOING GOOD IN SCHOOL I HAVENT HAD ANY PROBLEM OR MAJOR PROBLEM WITH HER AND SCHOOL.  MY LO IS DOING HIS THING IN SCHOOL BUT HE LIKES TO TALK TO SING IN SCHOOL AND THE TEACHER CALLS HIM OUT FOR THAT. LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)