Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In the works for Oso's 1st Birthday Party!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:31 AM
  • 14 Replies

This Friday, I will be a proud mami of a 10-month-old!!! That means I have to get crackin' on birthday party planning for my little bear.

First off, it's going to be a backyard party for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fun. Second, this is going to be strictly for the little ones (ages 8 and under). A small dilemma is having to tell family that we encourage that only the little ones come since we have a HUGE family and if everyone came, it would be well over 40 people and that's just family. How do you word that in an invitation without being tacky?

Also, do you think that a $300 limit to spending for the party will be too much? I am sure we won't spend that much but it's a "just-in-case" limit.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:43 AM

oohhh.. that's a tough one for the ages... Luckily putting something on the invitations would be the best way... like "just for mini mouseketeers 8 and under" would be cute. No 300 is a good number. For my first we spend 1K, it was huge

HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:55 AM

That is an EXCELLENT idea. It kind of eases it in. And I don't want to sound like I don't care (because I really don't care) if people get offended but I don't want to spend a ton of money for my guests when they party is for my baby.

And what a relief! I'm glad $300 doesn't seem like too much. Thankfully the party is for the little ones so we won't require much catering. =)

Quoting krise:

oohhh.. that's a tough one for the ages... Luckily putting something on the invitations would be the best way... like "just for mini mouseketeers 8 and under" would be cute. No 300 is a good number. For my first we spend 1K, it was huge

4evamami
by Awilda on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:05 PM

The way that Krise word it sounds good, I think the amount that your spending is fine.

shorty_girl330
by Jessica V- Mexico on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:10 PM
i agree with these ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RainyRain
by Reyna on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:17 PM
I agree.

I also set a limit of $300 - $400 for bday parties.

Quoting 4evamami:

The way that Krise word it sounds good, I think the amount that your spending is fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Thanks, girls! Any other suggestions would be great.

So far, we're doing a big cupcake for the birthday boy and little cupcakes for the kids PLUS they will have a cupcake decorating station, pin the cherry on the cupcake and an Oh Toodles piñata, and instead of birthday hats, they will have Mickey Mouse ears and oso is going to have a Mousekateer hat personalized from Disney with his name.

I'm so elated to do this!

mami323
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Im speending 300 alone on food ....im probably gonna end up spending close to $1000.00 my kids party next month they r both april bebes lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Isn't that the norm now for kids? Yep, $300 on food sounds just about right!! LOL, I don't know if I spend that much on a night out for hubby and me for our birthdays. The things we do for our kids. ;)

Quoting mami323:

Im speending 300 alone on food ....im probably gonna end up spending close to $1000.00 my kids party next month they r both april bebes lol

mami323
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:21 PM
Yeah i guess it is . The park sent us to city hall for a permit and they charge so my hubby wants to do it at his moms now. We talked about it and might order a separate jumpr for the girls they always end up crying and getting "hurt". so theres a change of plans lol! Im also spending more cuz its for both my kids . hannah montana for DD and Lakers/basketball for DS. For the new baby Im already thinking sesame street for his 1st bday or abby caddaby/elmo for a girl ;)

Quoting HeartCharmMama:

Isn't that the norm now for kids? Yep, $300 on food sounds just about right!! LOL, I don't know if I spend that much on a night out for hubby and me for our birthdays. The things we do for our kids. ;)

Quoting mami323:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:33 PM

LOL! How adorable for the new baby!!! You just reminded me that kids get hurt at birthday parties. lolololololol. Does it ever stop?? Tooo funny. I hope it works out for your mother-in-law's house. The park can be such a hassle--especially where I live where there are mosquitoes everywhere and ghetto Latinos acting a fool and parking their trucks on the grass. SMH!

Quoting mami323:

Yeah i guess it is . The park sent us to city hall for a permit and they charge so my hubby wants to do it at his moms now. We talked about it and might order a separate jumpr for the girls they always end up crying and getting "hurt". so theres a change of plans lol! Im also spending more cuz its for both my kids . hannah montana for DD and Lakers/basketball for DS. For the new baby Im already thinking sesame street for his 1st bday or abby caddaby/elmo for a girl ;)

Quoting HeartCharmMama:

Quoting mami323:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)