Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paying Bills - Budget Planning

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

Do you girls have a specific day of the month you pay all your bills or do you pay them as they come in & are due?  Are you the one that pays the bills or does your s/o?  Is it a time consuming process (spreadsheets, calculators, etc) or is it a 1,2,3 process?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ctouzet
by Cathy on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM

DH supplies the $$$, but I organize & pay our bills.  We have gone "paperless" for most bills & all are paid online.  I do have a spreadsheet, listing what is outstanding & when it's due to show dh.  It helps him understand where all his $ is going.  lol

shorty_girl330
by Jessica V- Mexico on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:48 PM
i pay all the bills out of my checks and he says ok, sometimes asks to see the bills but not often
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glamorous_mami
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM

we get paid twice a month...1st& 15th....so what ever bills are due i'll pay them with the money.  I pay all the bills and calcualte how much is left after bills & food. Then i'll put some money into the savings account. Its usually a 123 process..since i pay everything online.

mami323
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM
We both pay as we get paid accordining to which bill is due . we both get paychecks ..... he pays the internet and house phone tho and the insurance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bri09
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:24 PM

same here.

Quoting glamorous_mami:

we get paid twice a month...1st& 15th....so what ever bills are due i'll pay them with the money.  I pay all the bills and calcualte how much is left after bills & food. Then i'll put some money into the savings account. Its usually a 123 process..since i pay everything online.

angie582
by Angie-México on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Hubby gets paid weekly...and it's direct deposit to our account....I pay them the first 2 weeks of the month..and I do it either by mailing a check or paying through the computer or phone...depending on the bill. I hav my little folder..and I create my little station lol..I take it a bit too serious but it makes me feel important since I'm not brining in the $$ I might as well send it lol I also do the monthly budget for food & other expenses and put some aside for savings....and see what our fun money (the left over lol) is to spend that month on fun things lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)