Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DEBATE :)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM
  • 16 Replies

So do you think homeschooling is better or do you think public schools are better? Please specify why you feel the way you do about the one you choose.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I've known a few girls that were home schools and they were freaks! Not socially compatible I guess you can say.. Now do I don't if public is better then home school, no I don't. Parents are different, and tutors are different.. I happen to like my kids in public school. If I was given  choice I would keep them in public school. They are surrounded by all sort of different ppl, and situations rather they all be good or sometimes bad. Stuff they will have to deal with in their life time outside the home.

mommy3sss
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM
I think a public school is better because they learn to socialize,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bri09
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM

If I were a SAHM I would love to homeschool.....but I wouldn't know where or how to start. If you're concerned about exposing your child to the good or the bad stuff that happens in the real world...I guess it does at times protect your child but I think once they get bigger they will want to have outside friends & experience socialness of public school. I think the curriculum they teach at school is great, I think they are teaching better than they were back in the day when we were kids.

HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Well, I live in Wisconsin and as you can see what went on with the public school teachers that walked out on their students, my baby will definitely be going to private school.

I won't homeschool. There's a reason why teachers went to school. To teach our bebes. ;)

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:50 PM
If I knew how to homeschool my kids I would probably do it IF AND ONLY IF the bullying gets worse in the near future. I don't want my kids to miss out on socialization with other kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salazar
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:05 PM
I plan on homeschooling my 2 next year. many reasons for this but i feel people should do what they think is best for their kids. btw homeschooling isn't hard for those sayin they don't know where to start, google homeschooling laws in xx(ur state)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM
I agree people should do what they feel is best.

Quoting Mrs.Salazar:

I plan on homeschooling my 2 next year. many reasons for this but i feel people should do what they think is best for their kids. btw homeschooling isn't hard for those sayin they don't know where to start, google homeschooling laws in xx(ur state)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salazar
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM
and i noticed the social thing. there are many things for homeschooling families to do and be with other kids. it really takes some effort to find resources(other homeschooling families,playdates,outings,get togethers) but i do not feel my kids will miss anything that they had in public school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:24 PM

not sure about home schooling because i havent try it yet, i have bee nwith the public school since i came to this country and i can say its not the school its the efffort each teacher have that make a difference.

Joqui
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:00 PM

If I had the patience to homeschool every day I would def. homeschool. Public schools in TX are not very good, depends on the area, if you are in a rich area your public school will be just as good as a private school (if not, at times, better) but the quality of education in TX is not on par with some of the other states. With that said, I see remarkable kids take advantage of all the public school programs that exist and they make it through... some going to ivy league schools such as baylor, harvard, and others....

Elijah will be going to a private school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)