Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone ever had this problem??? :(

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:23 PM
  • 8 Replies

No period for almost 7 months? Pretty sure I'm not pregnant. Not on any birth control. Has happened once before. I wanted to get pregnant but don't think I'm ovulating. :( Doctor wanted to give me provera to make me have a period, did this before and had one cycle and then that was it. Wish I could just get back to normal again!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sophiesmom07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:31 PM

This happened to a friend of mine. Turns out it had something to do with her thyroid.  Not sure what else could cause this. 

mami323
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:20 AM
The longest I have gone w/o a period was 3 months! They did an ultrasound and checked my ovaries and tubes . everything was fine! they also checked my thyroid and told me it was probably stress . Ive never really been on BC either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RainyRain
by Reyna on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Sounds like a hormone imbalance. You might need to take birth control for a year to regularize your self again. Is the doctor your general doctor or your Ob/Gyne?

I have skipped a few months and I am currently on bith control to regularize my cycles. I am being seen by my ob/gyne.

Make sure to keep a journal and jot down your dates from the beginning to end cus that will help the doctor decide on a treatment for you.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I was going to say that you need to be put on birth control until you become regular.

Quoting RainyRain:

Sounds like a hormone imbalance. You might need to take birth control for a year to regularize your self again. Is the doctor your general doctor or your Ob/Gyne?

I have skipped a few months and I am currently on bith control to regularize my cycles. I am being seen by my ob/gyne.

Make sure to keep a journal and jot down your dates from the beginning to end cus that will help the doctor decide on a treatment for you.

shorty_girl330
by Jessica V- Mexico on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:04 AM
wow this hasnt happened to me so heres a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ctouzet
by Cathy on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I am extremely irregular & in my younger days I have gone for many months without my period.  Like all the ladies have said, birth control pills is what worked for me.  I never got pregnant while I wasn't taking birth control.  Then I began taking them & the minute I forgot a pill or messed up taking them - BOOM I got pregnant.  Dr. told me they regulated my cycle so when I missed a pill I was fertile & ready.

LuLu5J
by Lourdes-PR on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Wow, I've never had this happen to me, although I kind of wish it did, lol.  I have always been regular.  Got my period when I was 9 and it has never been late or changed, even after I had the kids.

I'm not sure but I would talk to my doctor about it.  Good luck!!

HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Yes, I went about 4 months without my period and not on the pill. My doctor gave me Provera and immediately put me on the pill after I was done taking the Provera. If that's what you're going to do, be warned: you are going to be a hot emotional mess!!! Queen B*tch. lol

Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)