Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ear help please

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:45 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ladies my ear has been killing me it started about n hour ago n it wont stop hurting anybody know what i can do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elle31106
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Warm some olive oil and pour it in your ear, hold it in with a cotton ball for a little while. If the pain is just blockage the oil should help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I have always taken motrin or tylenol for an ear ache. It has always worked for me. 

Alejandra10
by Alejandra-Mexican on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:10 AM
Thanks ladies i tries the olive oil n i did take some advil about half n hour ago its getting better not that painfull one of them if not both is working it doesnt feel as bad anymore it still hurts but not as bad as a while ago i was almost in tears
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RainyRain
by Reyna on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Sorry home remedies have never worked for my ear aches. Unfortunatelly I always end up with antiboitics, drops and pain killers to ease the pain.

Hope you feel better soon.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:24 AM

If that doesnt help you might have to go to the doc for some meds.

Alejandra10
by Alejandra-Mexican on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:32 PM
I called the doctor and said i can go in thursday yeah what am i supose to do till then it stoped hurting at night but as soon as i woke up it hurt again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elle31106
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Keep doing the olive oil until you can get to the doctor. Feel better soon mama.

Quoting Alejandra10:

I called the doctor and said i can go in thursday yeah what am i supose to do till then it stoped hurting at night but as soon as i woke up it hurt again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Take garlic pills, they are a natural antibiotic should help.

karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM

BUMP!

karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Earache home remedies and natural cures, Questions and answers 

Use of Garlic Juice

Pour some garlic juice in the paining ear; its antibiotic qualities will help to relieve the pain. If your earache is due to rise in altitude than just chew gum or yawn. This will contract the muscles and open the Eustachian tubes. For swimmer's ear, put some mineral oil in both ears before going in the water. Apply some heat to your aching ear using a heating pad or a warm cloth. Put few drops of hydrogen peroxide in the aching ear. Put two drops of holy basil leaves’ juice in the aching ear.

The pain arising from an earache may be alleviated through use of anti-inflammatory and pain relieving medications. Earaches could also result from a clogged ear. An effective clogged ear remedy one can take at home to reduce pain and discomfort is the application of a warm compress near the ear. The compress should not be very hot as this could burn the skin. The warmth helps to ease pain and swelling. Many individuals obtain benefit from ear infections and earache through simple home remedies. Garlic, olive oil, and vinegar are some ingredients common to almost any earache home remedy and can even be used as earache cures in children. A mixture of sesame oil and garlic is one such beneficial home remedy. Add a clove of garlic to a teaspoon of sesame oil and warm the mixture. Add 2 to 3 drops to the affected ear while lying down and allow it to remain for about ten minutes. You can also grind a few basil leaves and warm the paste slightly. Then add about four drops to the affected ear. The juice of mango leaves is known to help in easing earache. Add some warm mango leaf juice to the ears before going to bed at night. Pouring a few drops of warm mustard oil into the ears is also known to help in treating an earache. Swimmers who are prone to developing ear infections may benefit from adding some mineral oil in both ears before going for a swim. Earache that occurs while travelling in an airplane is usually resolved by chewing on some gum or candy. This helps to exercise the throat muscles and relieves pressure from the ears.

Earache : Home Remedies suggested by users

Vitamin C Diet

Most commonly earache is a result of an ear infection. Take Vitamin C to boost your immune system. It is a natural antibiotic and antihistamine that helps to reduce inflammation and fever. Include zinc in your diet because it reduces ear infection. Certain foods, more commonly dairy products like milk, butter, cheese etc tend to aggravate ear infections, so it is better to avoid them during an ear infection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)