Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does ur S/O...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
Does your S/O drink?
How often?
Do they get shitfaced or just a lil tipsy?
Are you ok with it or rather them not do it?

my man came home at 1am this morning shitfaced omg i wanna ring his neck, i cant stand him drinking plus he works 3hrs away so he was driving and he doesnt have papers, its only certain people that he does this with and i wanna shot them sometimes its sooo frustrating and irritating agh i just wanna scream, and it makes me think hes with someone else which i dont want to happen, i know his friends wife and his same friends mistress, i dont know either of them well and its not my place to say anthing but my man takes him over to "visit" the mistress so it makes me wonder if he has one like his friends does (he lives and works with this friend and they only come home weekends)
sorry for venting but thanks for listening
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:20 AM

sorry girl. that just sucks, when JJ and I first got together, he had his moments of that.. I hated it.. Now it's better. I guess you can say he's a casual drinker... If it's not one drink a day it's ever other. If he does get slightly more then tipsy it's at home. He's done well to make sure he stops drinking at a certain time when we go out. I've told him flat out he annoys me and I end up not drinking and pissed off. lol. but even with all that he will still have his moments, I just hope he has a wicked hangover the next day. :)

elle31106
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:35 AM
Sorry to hear about your SO.

My husband and I are both casual and social drinkers. We have a glass of wine or a cocktail w dinner almost every night and then a drink as we wind down the day. When we go out, we will also have a drink or two but foremost in our minds is having to drive home. Whichever one of us driving that night will only have 1 drink. We don't drink to get drunk or even a buzz, we have a drink because we enjoy it but do not enjoy the loss of control that being drunk brings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:36 AM
My husband drinks a beer after work to relax but thats it. Ive only seen him drunk twice in the time we have been married.
Mama you need to stress to your dh not to drive y menos bajo la influencia. Right now its so hard to get papers. One night of fun is not worth the chance to get deported and get separated from his family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami323
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:06 AM
Mine does once in a greeeat while. but He does so at his moms down the st w his brothers so I dont worry. I tell him to stay there or I pick him up. he and my sis drank yesterday while we were out watching the laker game my mom dnt have cable here :( .... i dont really like when he drink it does bother me but u cant take a mans beer lol esp. a mexican one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by Nancy on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Does your S/O drink? not very often anymore. he has a few beers at home sometimes or at parties.
How often? maybe about once or twice a month if that
Do they get shitfaced or just a lil tipsy? neither one in a really long time. he has a few beers but not enough to make him tipsy. the last time he was shit face drunk was about a year ago for his friends bday
Are you ok with it or rather them not do it? Since it doesn't happen often I'm fine with it. I would be soooo upset if he drove drunk though cause that's just wrong =(

DollofMalice
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:21 PM

DH drinks, and goes in spurts. Sometimes he has a drink o two everyday, other time it will be weeks or months without a drink. He usually just gets a bit of a buzz if we are at home drinking or with friends. He only has a lot to drink when we are in Vegas and know we can walk or take a taxi to the hotel. It doesn't bother me because he has only been really drunk with me one time and we were at the river without kids so it wasn't a big deal. I think I tend to get a bit more tipsy then he does. 

As for the mistress thing, my husband played ball with guys who had them and I have no tolerance. What other people do with their life isn't my business, but it certainly isn't going to be a part of mine. So if it bothers you that much, then I would tell him you don't want him doing that because it makes you question his trust. If he respects you, he won't put you in a situation where you would be uncomfortable. 

karladiego
by Karla on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM

I have gotten drunk with my hubby at least 3 times since we've been together....he has been drunk on one of those occasions with me and we did it at home on an alone weekend, we drink a beer or two over the weekend, he would only drink one beer if he knows he has to drive...he's pretty good at it.

Girl, that situation with your hubby needs to stop, he could not only hurt himself but also others and he's gonna ruin his life that way...talk to him about it and especially with no papers he has to be super extra careful.

Honeybun09
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:27 PM

No. Neither of us ever drink alcohol.

manifer_momma
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM
maybe once a month... a few beers o rt if there's a party he get tipsy. He used to get shitfaced almost every weekend...luckily he got help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:59 PM

My husband and I are social drinkers.  We usually have 2 a day...on the weekends more....but we never get shit faced.  When we go out, we usually have 1 drink and that is always at dinner. We don't have an issue with drinking in our house.  Infact trying beer and wine has always been a hobby for us.  There is more to beer then budlight and corona lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)