Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for the weekend.

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:40 AM
  • 17 Replies

when was the last time you went camping with the fam? Did it go well, or miserable? Will you take your pets?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I so dislike camping, anytime we went with my side of the family it just sucked. Nothing good ever came of it. lol. We haven't gone in a few year, but when we did it was just us and some friends, works out so much better. Now the kids and JJ want to go again., I'm dreading it but will have a smile on my face because they want too. I'm thinking this next fall right before it gets cold. Just need to get our own gear. We have nothing but a small little tent. Kenobi will be going with us too. Last time he did awesome! slept in our tent and when he had to go pee he somehow unzipped the tent to go out. he amazes me. lol

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Ive never gone camping with the family. I have gone camping before tho lol before kids.
Hmmmm that makes me think of sex on an air matress lol
My husband has been wanting to go but in an RV im like well lets pay off bills first mr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elle31106
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:44 AM
My idea of camping is staying in a cabin with all the amenities of home....lol
Seriously, the last time I went
camping was when I was a senior in highschool. Tents, no electricity, no showers, not my idea of a good time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Smart dog that kenobi is * in yodas voice *

Awwe you are such a good mommy for still going even tho you dont like it.

Quoting krise:

I so dislike camping, anytime we went with my side of the family it just sucked. Nothing good ever came of it. lol. We haven't gone in a few year, but when we did it was just us and some friends, works out so much better. Now the kids and JJ want to go again., I'm dreading it but will have a smile on my face because they want too. I'm thinking this next fall right before it gets cold. Just need to get our own gear. We have nothing but a small little tent. Kenobi will be going with us too. Last time he did awesome! slept in our tent and when he had to go pee he somehow unzipped the tent to go out. he amazes me. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:55 AM

oh I've always wanted to go off somewhere in an RV, you can rent them now you know! Now that's my sort of camping lol

Quoting ana326:

Ive never gone camping with the family. I have gone camping before tho lol before kids.
My husband has been wanting to go but in an RV im like well lets pay off bills first mr.

nngmommy83
by Nancy on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Quoting elle31106:

My idea of camping is staying in a cabin with all the amenities of home....lol
Seriously, the last time I went
camping was when I was a senior in highschool. Tents, no electricity, no showers, not my idea of a good time.

Same here! LOL Last time I went "camping" we had one of those big ass RV's and I think I was 12 for some church thing

manifer_momma
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Way too long ago...maybe 12 yrs ago??
Anywho...I'd like to go sometime this year now that the kids are older & might actually enjoy it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:27 PM

yeah thats what we want to do.

Quoting krise:

oh I've always wanted to go off somewhere in an RV, you can rent them now you know! Now that's my sort of camping lol

Quoting ana326:

DollofMalice
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I haven't gone with kids yet :( The last time was when I first started dating DH so that was almost 10 years ago. I have been wanting to go. I miss it so much!

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I haven't been camping in 11 years.  The last time I went it was at Yosemite National Park.  It was a very big event and it was with my WHOLE family.  Needless to say...it went OK...but there were just way too many people huddled together for 5 days. We sleeped on uncomfortable beds, watched bears steal food from our camp site, walked10 minutes to get to the nearest shower and bathroom...just to get dirty as soon we would exit the bathroom.  Plus my grandma was being a psycho and my cousin was being an annoying bastard.  But yosemite is beautiful and does have a lot to offer the outdoorsy type person.  This person is definietly not me lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)