Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

las cuarentenas (40 days ) *UPDATE

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM
  • 41 Replies

Las cuarentenas are the 40 days post partum which from tias I hear that supposably in Mexico the ladies would rest all the 40 days (which I highly doubt) . I know this is also practiced in other latin countries as well, But did YOU do it ? I'm having a c section and I am older this time around , just turned 30, as being 18 and 21 like I was my 2 other pregnancies. I am considering doing this ,as my body IS NOT the same, but really don't know exactly if it means stay in bed the entire days , or what haha! LOL.  I was wondering if any of you did this or even considered the fact when doing things after birth that you were in your "cuarentenas" ?

At the lavanderia last night , my hubby said he and the kids are going to do it when I get bigger , I said " I can do it till I have the baby, but after, u guys are going to have to" I told him that I am gonna to the cuarentena thing and he said " I believe in that"  and that he supports it, so I'm gonna try it , Just no cleaning and no cooking thing. I will walk around if I have to or get my @$$ up. Let's see how long I last LOL !! I have to make a plan , train the kids now. And stock up at Costco (which I do every month anyway )

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DollofMalice
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Nope, I get yelled at by my friends and their families every time. I am at the grocery store the day after I get out of the hospital and I will be out and about walking with the kids the following week. I only wait to do my exercise regimen again after baby and I wait until my bleeding stops all the way which is usually after the 8 week mark. I am way too active and busy to take it easy. My mom was never like that either, so I get it from her. 

mami323
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Quoting DollofMalice:

Nope, I get yelled at by my friends and their families every time. I am at the grocery store the day after I get out of the hospital and I will be out and about walking with the kids the following week. I only wait to do my exercise regimen again after baby and I wait until my bleeding stops all the way which is usually after the 8 week mark. I am way too active and busy to take it easy. My mom was never like that either, so I get it from her. 

yeah, my mom would yell at me too for cleaning my room when coming home from the hospital hahaha not really cleaning but organizing . How about my friend I used to work with , showed up in the office after 6 days of having her baby a c section ! I was like " WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE ?!!" she said " I'm sit my ass at home , I can sit my ass here "

jmomma2003
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 2:02 PM
I was up a few hours after having my c-section; the sooner you are up and active, the sooner you heal...40 days is a lot of lost time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glamorous_mami
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:08 PM

hmm never heard of it...lol. maybe i'll do it :D lol

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on May. 21, 2011 at 2:14 PM
Never heard of it either lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLu5J
by Lourdes-PR on May. 21, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Where my husband is from the cuarentenaeans no getting out of bed not even to take a shower. I can't do it. I think it's disgusting. I was up and about as soon as my epidural wore off. My mil just about had a heart attack. I can't sit around and have people serve me. It will drive me in sane!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami323
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Quoting LuLu5J:

Where my husband is from the cuarentenaeans no getting out of bed not even to take a shower. I can't do it. I think it's disgusting. I was up and about as soon as my epidural wore off. My mil just about had a heart attack. I can't sit around and have people serve me. It will drive me in sane!!

NO SHOWERS!!?? OK, NeverMind hahaha

LuLu5J
by Lourdes-PR on May. 21, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Hahahaha!!! U have to do it all the way, lol!! Asi que no showers, cochina!!!! Jk lol!!!

Quoting mami323:

Quoting LuLu5J:

NO SHOWERS!!?? OK, NeverMind hahaha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dahlimamma
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM
No dejes que te de el sereno durante la cuarentena!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ctouzet
by Cathy on May. 21, 2011 at 3:17 PM

40 mins maybe, 40 days????? OH HE** NOOOOOOOO! My hospital stay is 2 days because they require it, but I was ready to go the next day if you asked me.  The day I came home with my last son, we went shopping for those odds & ends for things I didn't get in my baby showers (sex of baby was unknow until I had him). 

Day 2 I was hanging out at the Jersey Shore with my dh & dd (almost 2).  I was up & down the boardwalk & just having a good ol' time, while dh carried or pushed the baby.  Mobs kept forming to look at my son, amazed on how tiny & young he was.  Yeah people probably judged & whispered, but I don't sleep with any of them, so WATEVA!

You do what your body tells you it can & what you will enjoy.  People around you will just have to adjust to your decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)