Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I not normal or something??

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:09 AM
  • 45 Replies

So as many of you know I am going to be a first time mom, and I can say this pregnancy has been easy from the get go. Im not saying oh i love being pregnant but im not saying OMG ITS THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD AND I HATE IT! I have had no morning sickness, I've gained just enough pounds, I've had no bad test results, no nothing. So it just seems weird that  I go to my pregnancy groups and all i see are how people bitch and complain about how they are ready to have baby out NOW! How the doctor wont induce them because shes ready to have the baby out. Am i missing something? Am i supposed to be as miserable as these ladies are? The only thing I could possible bitch and complain about is my feet swelling, heart burns and Maria hurting me when she kicks me. I don't know I feel weird like what did I do differently that made me have a good pregnancy then someone who is always bitching and complaining? Let me tell you before I even got pregnant OR even before i got married, I was all about having no kids!! I didn't want any AT ALL! Maybe because I was afraid of the pain or the morning sickness (i hate throwing up!!) or even the fact that gaining weight was never an option for me. Something about seeing these women say OMG I READY FOR THE BABY TO COME OUT and how they cant wait to be induced worries me, Like if the baby isn't ready WHY WOULD U WANT TO BRING IT INTO THE WORLD? Right now I am all about having a natural birth. I've already told myself its all in your head. If my parents could do it without meds why cant I? I know some people may think "oh yeah shes a newbie shes going to get it right away" but i personally think its a mental thing. But if it gets too much to handle I will get meds. But i want my first choice to be all natural. Right now Im at the point where I think she's going to be late, and believe me I have no problem with it if she is, she will know when she's ready to come out. =]

THIS IS MY QUOTE THAT I WILL BE REPEATING IN MY HEAD ONCE I GO INTO LABOR.....

"Women's bodies have near-perfect knowledge of childbirth; it's when their brains get involved that things can go wrong."

-Peggy Vincent

"Rain, after all is only rain; it is not bad weather. So also, pain is only pain; unless we resist it, then it becomes torment. "
-I Ching

(p.s. yes the picture is me =] )

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:29 AM
You just do you. Don't worry about other preggys complaining. Everyone is different. I think some want to be induced from the anticipation of seeing the baby. Mad props to you for being so positive and trying to go the natural way. You look beautiful in your pic.
I too think you will go over your due date.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami323
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Cute pic, every pregnancy is different let me tell you, I had no MS with any of my kids till this one , I had it so bad, I was put on a IV 3 times for dehydration from all the puking. I was 17 years old and made a solid decision to have a natural labor and birth and it went as planned, I planned the same at 20 years old , and I went thru an all natural meds free labor for 36 hours girl and my DD was stuck I dialated and did my job but the baby was too big and was stuck I BEGGED THE DOC TO CUT ME OPEN  , so that did not go as planned she ended up weighing 10lbs. 12 1/2 oz. This one my doc is not giving me any options so I am having a scheduled c section on Oct. 21st. I'm not really trippin my mom had 5 c sections and I will be OK.

glamorous_mami
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:31 AM

thanks mama ;) I know its like people just cant be happy and content, whats wrong with the world today!! lol.

Quoting ana326:

You just do you. Don't worry about other preggys complaining. Everyone is different. I think some want to be induced from the anticipation of seeing the baby. Mad props to you for being so positive and trying to go the natural way. You look beautiful in your pic.
I too think you will go over your due date.

glamorous_mami
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:35 AM

o0o0o well im glad u got to atleast experience natural birth =] & thanks. Aww ok. Yeah they set a induction date for me on the 25th =]

Quoting mami323:

Cute pic, every pregnancy is different let me tell you, I had no MS with any of my kids till this one , I had it so bad, I was put on a IV 3 times for dehydration from all the puking. I was 17 years old and made a solid decision to have a natural labor and birth and it went as planned, I planned the same at 20 years old , and I went thru an all natural meds free labor for 36 hours girl and my DD was stuck I dialated and did my job but the baby was too big and was stuck I BEGGED THE DOC TO CUT ME OPEN  , so that did not go as planned she ended up weighing 10lbs. 12 1/2 oz. This one my doc is not giving me any options so I am having a scheduled c section on Oct. 21st. I'm not really trippin my mom had 5 c sections and I will be OK.

SophiEli
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:38 AM

No, you are normal, it was pretty much the same thing for me, only remember having one day of morning sickness,that was about it.  Everything else went fine for the rest of the pregnancy thank God.  I too, wanted to go naturally and I pretty much did, until the last couple of hours, got meds, but everything happen so fast after that, my baby boy was born,naturally & healthy. ;P

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:44 AM
Lulu for both my boys they were ez i guess w age it was harder for me w Mariana...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Your pic is gorgeous!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glamorous_mami
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:45 AM

awww. Yeah i think i threw up once throught my pregnancy lol. Thank god you dont understand how much I HATE throwing up i wish our bodies didnt do it lol.

Quoting SophiEli:

No, you are normal, it was pretty much the same thing for me, only remember having one day of morning sickness,that was about it.  Everything else went fine for the rest of the pregnancy thank God.  I too, wanted to go naturally and I pretty much did, until the last couple of hours, got meds, but everything happen so fast after that, my baby boy was born,naturally & healthy. ;P

mami323
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:46 AM

yup and I'd rather go thru this now, than dealing with a loose pu$$y later jajajaja... IDK if it's true but I've heard that women need a vaginal rejuvenation after so many births , actually one of my friends just did today.

Quoting glamorous_mami:

o0o0o well im glad u got to atleast experience natural birth =] & thanks. Aww ok. Yeah they set a induction date for me on the 25th =]

Quoting mami323:

glamorous_mami
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:46 AM

aww ok. =]

Quoting marlene992:

Lulu for both my boys they were ez i guess w age it was harder for me w Mariana...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)