Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FOR ALL MOMS! *HAD TO EDIT MAYBE I CAN GET SOME ADVICE...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:17 AM
  • 15 Replies

Ok let me start by venting! I'm sorry ladies! My DD is sooo lazy every night I try to have her in bed early so I won't have problems with waking her up in the mornings!!! I'm to the point that I get stressed & yell & scream to wake her up bcs she will put up a fight to wake up in the mornings!! Ladies what can I do to make it more easy for me to wake her up & everything to go as smooth as possible. I'm beginning to hate coming to work in the mornings bcs she gives me such a hard time. To top things off I live upstairs from a DCFS worker lol & she screams like i'm killing her!! Please help any advice would make my life a little easier....

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:21 AM

First of all it shouldnt be a choice for her to decide when its bed time and when its not. Once you say its bed time she needs to be in bed even if she doesnt want too. You have to be consistant and stay on her to be in bed the same time every night (even if u have to lay down with her) she needs to get into a routine of doing it. And on the weekends when u dont work then let her stay up alittle later. Good luck chica I hope u figure something out 

LuLu5J
by Lourdes-PR on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I had the same problem with Isabel (she's 10) what I did was get her her own alarm and put the alarm on for 15 minutes before she's supposed to wake up.  This way she has time to toss and turn in bed for a few minutes before she has to get up.  For Isabel though 15 minutes was not enough so I had to put it a full 30 minutes before she was supposed to wake up.  That worked alot better.  

Hope you get some peace soon, mama. 

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Quoting kgmmw:

First of all it shouldnt be a choice for her to decide when its bed time and when its not. Once you say its bed time she needs to be in bed even if she doesnt want too. You have to be consistant and stay on her to be in bed the same time every night (even if u have to lay down with her) she needs to get into a routine of doing it. And on the weekends when u dont work then let her stay up alittle later. Good luck chica I hope u figure something out 

I do put her to bed at 10 the latest. We wake up at 6:30am usually but it don't matter every single morning she is crying at the top of her lungs like I'm killing her to wake up!! ughh Thanks Kim. I'm really considering babysitting from home this is stressing me out to the fullest every morning.

LuLu5J
by Lourdes-PR on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM

If you can, I would suggest you find someone who can babysit at your house.  My babysitter comes over every morning and it's the best thing in the world not to have to deal with waking them, at least for a few months.

Quoting marlene992:

Quoting kgmmw:

I do put her to bed at 10 the latest. We wake up at 6:30am usually but it don't matter every single morning she is crying at the top of her lungs like I'm killing her to wake up!! ughh Thanks Kim. I'm really considering babysitting from home this is stressing me out to the fullest every morning.

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Quoting LuLu5J:

If you can, I would suggest you find someone who can babysit at your house.  My babysitter comes over every morning and it's the best thing in the world not to have to deal with waking them, at least for a few months.

Quoting marlene992:

Quoting kgmmw:

Lulu i can't i wish... I get help for daycare. They don't pay anyone to babysit from my home.. They have to be very qualified thru the state of Indiana.

mami323
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Quoting marlene992:

Quoting kgmmw:

My kids that are 12 and 8 are in bed by 8:30 on school nights , unless it's a wednesday we get outta church at 9 pm. I think your problem is that if she is going to sleep at 10 shes not gettin enough rest if u are waking her up by 6:30

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:19 AM
I'm sorry you are going through this. The only thing I can say is maybe make her go to bed earlier.
Emma goes to bed at 7:30 pm and is usually up by 7 am the next day. But I had to establish a routine. Now she gets cranky if it's 8 and she is still not in bed.
Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I agree, I think 10 is too late for her marlene, try pushing it up to maybe around 8:30 , she needs at least 10 good hours of sleep 

Quoting mami323:

Quoting marlene992:

Quoting kgmmw:

My kids that are 12 and 8 are in bed by 8:30 on school nights , unless it's a wednesday we get outta church at 9 pm. I think your problem is that if she is going to sleep at 10 shes not gettin enough rest if u are waking her up by 6:30

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Yeah you all are right I will need to put her to bed earlier.

elle31106
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Ten o'clock is much too late for a toddler to be awake. She needs to be in bed, preferrably asleep by 8:30. Her body needs at least 10 hours of sleep.

Make a night time routine and stick to it. 

For example:  7:15 bathtime, 7:30 brush teeth, 7:35 PJs and get into bed, 7:40 bedtime story that you read to her while sitting in bed with her. 8:00 bedtime, no exceptions. If she gets out of bed, put her back and keep doing it until she falls asleep. Children need structure. It may take about 2 weeks but if you are firm with her and stick to the routine, she will learn it and come to expect it.

While you are learning the night time routine, start waking her up half an hour before normal. Do it by doing little things, like rubbing her back, kissing her face, touching her hands. Wake her up softly rather than just startling her awake. It will make a world of difference if you start earlier and gently wake her. It will give her time to wake up and not feel groggy and rushed. Keep doing this until it gets easier for her to wake up.

Once she learns the routine, you HAVE to stick to it. Do not let her stay up later on the weekends. Set a routine and absolutely stick to it. Im telling you, it will make it so much easier on you and her and also when she goes to school.

Good luck Marlene.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)