Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg I am so excited!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:16 PM
  • 19 Replies

I had lunch yesterday with a good friend of mine that works at the non-profit organization where I worked last year before I was laid off.  We were discussing my job and the changes taking place with the organization where I used to work and she told me that there are two open assistant positions.  One of them is the same job I had before I was laid off.  The only difference is that is has more responsibility and pays better. I am SO EXCITED!! 

According to the organization's guidelines they send the job posting to laid off personnel first and the laid off personnel choose whether they want to apply for the job.  If I do, they have to consider me before any other applicants.  This is awesome because I would go back in a second!  Their pay was above $40,000 and their benefits are amazing.  Health insurance after 30 days, tuition reimbursement, every pay period you get 6 hours vacation time, 3 hours personal and 1.75 hours sick time. The health insurance is a really great company and it covers my whole family for a really low price.

And the job would be with my previous boss who was great and we got along great.  She laid me off bc she was forced by her boss, not because she wanted to.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  Hopefully this will pan out for me!!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Great Lulu!! I'm going to pray that you get the job! You HAVE THE JOB!! THINK POSITIVE!!

HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM

You know I'm praying! GOOD LUCK LULU!

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:21 PM

woohoo good luck lulu 

glamorous_mami
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:21 PM

hope it goes well with ya Lulu, got my fingers crossed!!!

MichelleJ1000
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:21 PM

good luck....sounds like your chances are great.

LuLu5J
by Lourdes-PR on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Thanks, ladies!  I'm waiting to get the job posting sent to me so I can apply ASAP

elle31106
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Wow, this sounds really good. I hope you can apply and get the job. Good luck!!

ZachysMama08
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:37 PM
This is great news! I wish you the best of luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DollofMalice
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:51 PM
Good luck hun. I hope you get the job. I miss working with nonprofit. It is such a rewarding field.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:55 PM
Good luck Lulu I hope you get the job! *crossing fingers*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)