Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If it's not one thing...it's another!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:05 PM
  • 18 Replies
So I'm trying to sign up for a CNA program for now since the waiting period to join the RN program at my school is long. The tuition is going to be 300 dlls. Not including books and uniforms and equipment. The program starts in October but I have to pay it asap so that I can take the required health examination, and who knows how much that is going to cost since I'm under medi-cal and they won't cover it since its not medically neccessary. Anyways my dh also needs to sign up for Trucking school which is 600 dlls. We were going to barely make paying for the school UNTIL my dh's glasses broke and needs a new pair of glasses for almost 200 dlls. and my computer monitor is acting stupid and I think its broken. I need my computer for school and would cost 150 to get a new one. Plus my car check engine light just came on and we think it might be the transmission! Ahhh I swear I feel so stressed...I feel like everything just came down on us right now =/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ngelulu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Sorry for being a bit long.. =/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Wow so sorry to hear your going through all of that at once. Hope it gets better.

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Welcome to my world! lol It will get better just think of it this way rationalize what you need more for now. Everything will fall in place sooner or later... Thats how I handle it...

karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:10 PM

sorry to hear that, ok for DD glasses you can go to walmart and get her one of those in the meantime since for kids they are not bad, they are like 50dollars  i think.  

HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Oh no!! When it rains, it pours. Have you filled out your FAFSA application that can cover the costs of books, application, examination? Maybe the school can waive the examination fee?

Ngelulu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Thanks...

Quoting kgmmw:

Wow so sorry to hear your going through all of that at once. Hope it gets better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ngelulu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Its kind of funny because I want to pay for dh's school first but he wants to pay my school first. We see each others schooling as a priority...both of our schooling programs are only a few weeks long. We'll see who wins this battle =P

Quoting marlene992:

Welcome to my world! lol It will get better just think of it this way rationalize what you need more for now. Everything will fall in place sooner or later... Thats how I handle it...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ngelulu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:16 PM
Its my dh who needs the glasses...not my dd...I hope she never needs glasses but I highly doubt that...

Quoting karma729:

sorry to hear that, ok for DD glasses you can go to walmart and get her one of those in the meantime since for kids they are not bad, they are like 50dollars  i think.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:17 PM

oh lol but yeah they do have glasses there for adults  cheaper than if you go to those local ones.

Quoting Ngelulu:

Its my dh who needs the glasses...not my dd...I hope she never needs glasses but I highly doubt that...

Quoting karma729:

Ngelulu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:18 PM
I've heard that they don't let you get FAFSA for a program so short. I'm looking into getting examined at the school health center but they are closed over the summer =/ so I don't know anything yet about that.

Quoting HeartCharmMama:

Oh no!! When it rains, it pours. Have you filled out your FAFSA application that can cover the costs of books, application, examination? Maybe the school can waive the examination fee?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)