Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Immigrants Allowed In Alabama....

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM
  • 12 Replies
There is this group I like on facebook called United We Dream.....anyway I got an email from this and this is what it said......I'm very disappointed this is actually bein thought of.

That’s essentially what the most heinous law in the South, HB56 is telling us.

Laura - Alabama officials are doing everything possible to drive immigrants out of town by making their lives impossible to live.

The law would ban undocumented students from college, and even worse, would legalize racial profiling by licensing local law enforcement, hospitals, teachers, landlords, hospitals to become ICE agents. In addition, it would even require K-12 school administration to ask for proof of citizenship from its students. On August 24, the courts will decide on the fate of immigrants in Alabama during a hearing of HB 56. You have the power to speak up.

Click here to tell the courts that you stand with the immigrant community.

We can't tolerate the bullying and persecution of hard-working immigrants and immigrant youth. This is un-American, and there will be serious consequences to their decision if they choose poorly; the fight won’t be over.

The hatred and racism that surrounds the immigrant community in this state is only fueling our determination to win this battle.  As we speak, I'm here with DREAMers and their families who are on the ground fighting for dignity, but we can’t do this alone. 

Please click here to support our brothers and sisters in Alabama.

Because what happens in Alabama, must stop in Alabama.

In Solidarity,

Julieta Garibay
Founding Board Member, United We Dream
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by Barb-Cuba on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:09 AM

OMG Is this 1943 and germany? WTH??

lcardenas51989
by Laura-Mexicana on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:18 AM
I know.....it's crazy.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

OMG Is this 1943 and germany? WTH??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:32 AM
These groups are just trying to scare you, especially into you giving them money. I'm sure what they're saying is likely directed toward illegal immigrants (emphasis on illegal).

Did they have a "donate" button or link under their message?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RainyRain
by Reyna on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:35 AM
I agree with Heartcharmmama, those group are trying to scare you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:26 AM

i wouldnt believe it 

lcardenas51989
by Laura-Mexicana on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:29 AM
Yea your right....and yes it did have a donate button lol.I was more of in shock then scared,I thought it was just crazy.I hope it's not real though there's alot of people down there.

Quoting HeartCharmMama:

These groups are just trying to scare you, especially into you giving them money. I'm sure what they're saying is likely directed toward illegal immigrants (emphasis on illegal).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:17 AM
When someone is so caught up in their cause, they are willing to say anything extreme to those who aren't aware of their rights and they'll try to scare the bejesus out of people. Shame on them.

Quoting lcardenas51989:

Yea your right....and yes it did have a donate button lol.I was more of in shock then scared,I thought it was just crazy.I hope it's not real though there's alot of people down there.

Quoting HeartCharmMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Dang!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elle31106
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Scare tactic propaganda is all it is.

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Thanks Ladies for clarifying that to our amiga!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)