Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your DH/SO

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:16 AM
  • 15 Replies
Tell each other everything? If he knew something about one of your family member and didn't tell you, would you be upset?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elle31106
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Since we both come from failed first marriages, we believe in being completely open and honest at all times, so that there is no misunderstandings or break down in communication.. We tell eachother everything. We have no secrets. So in the very unlikely event that he kept something from me, I would be extremely upset. Upset enough to question the strength of our relationship.

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Firstly my husband is a gossip girl so he would have told me!! We also have a very open relation when it comes to communication.  With holding information is very very wrong and extremly upsetting. This is one of the main keys to a successful relationship.

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:09 AM

I asked my dh this question tonight and he said that if he was asked to keep a secret like this he would keep it from me. I told him I would be upset and question the strength of our relatioship. He thougth I was making a big deal about it and I said Im making a big deal because we tell each other everything but you just told me if you were asked to keep it from me YOUR WIFE you would .. so im upset lol even tho it hasnt happened its just a question I asked and he doesn't get why im upset over a "what if" question I asked... 

Quoting elle31106:

Since we both come from failed first marriages, we believe in being completely open and honest at all times, so that there is no misunderstandings or break down in communication.. We tell eachother everything. We have no secrets. So in the very unlikely event that he kept something from me, I would be extremely upset. Upset enough to question the strength of our relationship.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:19 AM

Yes, we tell each other everything. I would be upset if he did hide something from me, bc his family is mine and vice versa :)

vjnj2007
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Quoting kgmmw:

Yes, we tell each other everything. I would be upset if he did hide something from me, bc his family is mine and vice versa :)

ctouzet
by Cathy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Not at all.  I believe people (including family & friends) approach you with issues, dilemas & information about themselves when they are ready to do so.  If a family member of mine brought something to my dh instead of me & asked him not to share it with me, they have their reasons & I respect that.  

What is meant for me will be brought to me.  They know where & how to locate me.  What isn't, well no biggie in my book.

jessnjosh87
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Yes, I would, but my whole family hates him, so the likelyhood of that happening is VERY slim.

karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:06 AM

well there's a difference between not telling and not wanting to know.. in my case i could know something about one of his family members but he sometimes tells me " i dont want know" so i dont tell him and that's not keeping a secret.  for my family side i really dont mind if they talk to him and not me like cathy said when its my time to know they would tell me.

karladiego
by Karla on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:40 AM

We usually tell everything to each other but hubby is a bit forgetful sometimes...he could have some juicy gossip or info and not tell me until 2 days later, oh well.

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:45 AM

JJ and I are best friends, we tell eachother almost everything. We don't gossip though. If he knows something as fact or it's bothering him we would talk to me about it, the same with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)