Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think it's about that time! (TMI)

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM
  • 32 Replies

So Miss Aloria told me last night that she had some light mucus, slime discharge when she went to the restroom..... of course I giggled then immediately apologize. I felt so stupid. lol. Anyways I gave her some light pads and a "makeup" small bag to put them in while she's at school. I'm going to buy her larger pads this wkend. She's complaining of stomach aches and just not feeling well. No fever, and she's eating normal so I don't think she's sick.... I can't remember if that's a clear sign of her going to start or not. I'm so nervous for her. I hope she doesn't start while at school. I am about ready to start mine as well. Most likely she will start when I do. Poor girl. I don't know how this will go down. I just need to breathe and know I need to be extremely sensitive to her and her feelings. That will be hard for me. I would think that would be traumatic for her. I was trying to tell JJ and he stopped me in my tracks. Let me know he doesn't want to know at all, ever and he will just know so not to bother saying anything. Poor guy.

On the up side she's going to be taking up violin in school! She's signing up for it TODAY! I'm so thrilled! I let her know she will not stop taking her piano lessons and she will have to practice both instruments when she gets home. She's totally pumped for it and is ready to take that on. I'm so proud of her!!!!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:00 PM

oh yes its that time..hope she doesnt get those freaking cramps..

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Awww miss Aloria is becoming a little woman. Wooohooo to her taking up violin. That is one instrument that makes beautiful sounds!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shorty_girl330
by Jessica V- Mexico on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM

aww shes growing up, how exciting and scary! my man wouldnt want to know either, his older daughter had to start wearing bras and he hated it lol

karladiego
by Karla on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Awwwwwww!!! Your little girl is becoming a woman....I understand your hubby, my hubby is kinda the same way except he makes jokes about their periods (pain in the butt!! lol) but basically he doesn't wanna know. You two have synchronized your periods...happens when there's to many women in the same environment. You laughed? Meanie lol at least you didn't do what my hubby's ex did...she started calling everyone in the family to tell them Alayna got hers lol

elle31106
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:06 PM

She is growing up. I hope she doesnt have bad cramps or mood swings. It is such a major event in a girls life. How exciting and scary at the same time.

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:11 PM

hahahaha... oh no, I couldnt' do that to her. I thought about teasing her about putting it up on my FB but I know better. That is just hurtful. We have a swimming pool party this wkend too... we will see if she starts this wk or not.

Quoting karladiego:

Awwwwwww!!! Your little girl is becoming a woman....I understand your hubby, my hubby is kinda the same way except he makes jokes about their periods (pain in the butt!! lol) but basically he doesn't wanna know. You two have synchronized your periods...happens when there's to many women in the same environment. You laughed? Meanie lol at least you didn't do what my hubby's ex did...she started calling everyone in the family to tell them Alayna got hers lol

nngmommy83
by Nancy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Poor thing! My DD is 11 and she's always calling me into the bathroom to look for "signs" LOL yay for violin!

amzbrznjz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:33 PM

how old is she?  My daughter has been going through this a year now, and it happens around the same time every month...so she taks panty liners

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Quoting amzbrznjz:

how old is she?  My daughter has been going through this a year now, and it happens around the same time every month...so she taks panty liners

Aloria is 11, going to turn 12 this year. She's in 6th grade and I let her know that's when I started so she could be on guard for it.

amzbrznjz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:36 PM

my daughter is the same age, I have prepared her as well, ironic, I get rid of my monthly and she will be getting hers!

Quoting krise:

Quoting amzbrznjz:

Aloria is 11, going to turn 12 this year. She's in 6th grade and I let her know that's when I started so she could be on guard for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)