Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Becoming a stay at home mom hasn't been easy.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:30 PM
  • 21 Replies
Lately I have found my self feeling deppressed. This whole life change hasn't being as fun and exciting as I thought it would be. I went from being a single mom of a 6 year old boy to being a step mom and mother of 3 kids. Went from working and doing whatever I wanted to staying at home raising 3 kids and taking care of my husband. I feel like I am falling in to deperssion and feeling lonely everyday. Being in a routine of just cleaning, cooking, washing and taking care of my kids is eating out my free happy spirit.

I am up for a change, i need to get out of this and I need to work on it now.
I stay with my baby of almost 3 years old and don't have someone to watch him besides me. Whatever change comes for me needs to be where he Will be in the picture.

Any suggestions would help my friends.

Are you in the same situation? If so, please share your thoughts and feelings.

Thank you for taking the time to reading my post!

Have a wonderful day!
Liliana
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:32 PM

How old are all the kids?

Sorry hon. I tried to be a SAHM with Aloria, I didn't make it either. Just wasn't for me. Maybe go to the park or go do something outside the house. Get out of the house, that can't be healthy being stuck somewhere for too long. what about working part time?

Manavi3
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Hi krise

Thanks for reading my post

I have a soon to be 3 years old toddler, an 8 year old step daughter and a 9 year old boy. We just moved to a different city and I honestly don't know anyone around here so I can't do a
Partt time because of my youngest son. Tough hu!
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Hi and welcome to the group. 

This is definately a transition that takes time to get used to. I found sticking to a schedule helped me a lot. When I first became a sahm I went to the library a lot they have story times for toddlers and thats how I got to know other moms with kids the same age as my own. I also looked for groups who had playdates once a month in my area.. and what helped me the most is Cafemom and  the friends I have met here. Have you looked up groups here in cafemom and typed in you city to see if there's a group here? 

Manavi3
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:52 PM
Hi Ana

Thanks!

I actually haven't done that and find it to be a great idea. I will give that a try. Thanks for you great suggestions!
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:56 PM

your welcome manavi :) by the way where do you live if you don't mind me asking 

Manavi3
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:00 PM
Well my name is liliana and manavi is my 3 kids marina,Nathan and victor. Lol
I live in riverside county, california.
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Awesome Liliana welcome once again. I live in Riverside County too!!! small world in cafemom world lol 

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Oh girl I'm in the same boat!!!! Except I have been a SAHM for almost 7 years!!!!!! It is very unfulfilling for me!!!! 

4isenoough
by Valerie on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:31 PM

It is a difficult transition like Ana said. I think for myself it was mainly because I felt like I was never getting adult interaction. That is why I love Cafemom it is my me time because I never get to have a "girls night out" anymore. I hope that you feel more comfortable in your new role as a sahm. It has many benefits but can be lonely at times too so I understand where you are coming from. Best wishes to you!♥ 

mami323
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM

I know how you feel, I'm a SAHM but not by choice , It gets pretty overwhelming hanging by the sink washing dishes for the 4th time in one day, and wiping counters for the 5th time ! I don't have step kids but my hubby does because I have 2 kids , and his mom is irresponsible with 2 of his nephews she adopted that are very attached to him so we do have "kid issues" sometimes the kids don't get along, they envy my kids because he lives with us now , they try to put my kids down if they get new shoes, or a new video game, or just bullshit like that they don't live w us but live down the street and they call my DH to pick them up or they will walk over here and show up outta no where . One of the boys is contsantly scratching his balls and then grabbing my remote controls , light switches , etc. ....((sorry if TMI small vent lol))   I feel bad , but most of the time its very frustrating to me thank goodness for lysol wipes  !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)