Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

---Mommy Time---

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you make time for yourself?

Options:

Yes, always

Yes, sometimes

no not really

no, never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

Do you make time for yourself?

What do you like to do during your mommy time?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elle31106
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:26 AM
Happy wife, happy life.
Yes, I make time for myself. I have a standing lunch date with my friends every week. I spa at least twice a month and I go on weekend getaways with my girlfriends every couple of months. I am fortunate that my husband encourages me to spend mommy time to recharge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLu5J
by Lourdes-PR on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I try to.  My husband and I go out once or twice a month to dinner and a movie.  I also have time when I declare a "mommy's doing nothing day" during the week.  Which means I come home from work and do nothing, order out and relax.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM
No but I really should,.
HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM

This will be me one day...

Quoting elle31106:

Happy wife, happy life.
Yes, I make time for myself. I have a standing lunch date with my friends every week. I spa at least twice a month and I go on weekend getaways with my girlfriends every couple of months. I am fortunate that my husband encourages me to spend mommy time to recharge.

JCTVCBN
by Marina-Tex-Mex on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Quoting elle31106:

Happy wife, happy life.

Wow,

that is awesome.

You are so lucky.  : )

lizbeth05
by Evelin-Colima,Mex on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM
I wish I could but I have no one to leave my kids with.
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaTragedia
by Roxana-Mexicana on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I try to at least once a week, take some time to rest and recharge.  Anaylee's grampa takes her every tuesday for couple of hours and i get to run errands or just kick back for a bit.  We are blessed the grandparents are pretty involved. Im still jealous of you Elle! :)

nngmommy83
by Nancy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Quoting elle31106:

Happy wife, happy life.

very lucky!

nngmommy83
by Nancy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:40 AM

My me time is when I work out. I enjoy and am "alone" to clear my thoughts. I go about 4 times a week. I also like to get pedis with my oldest about once a month or so =)

elle31106
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Remember ladies, I am quite a bit older than most of you so my mommy time is something that has been a long time coming. I didn't have mommy time when my older boys were younger because I was a single parent or wasn't able to afford to indulge myself. It wasn't until 5 years ago when Xander was 1 yr old that I started taking time for myself. Honestly it was my DH that encouraged mommy time because I was a SAHM for the first time ever and had an infant with special needs. Being w Xander 24/7 while my DH was in Afghanistan for 3 years was difficult so he made sure I took time for myself. My family is amazing in watching the boys for me when I needed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)