Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MLOBC: Heart of the Matter Discussion (Chap. 1 - 5)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM
  • 12 Replies

Ok, girls!! First discussion of Heart of the Matter!!YAY!!!

dancing

1. What do you think of the book so far? and the two main characters Tessa and Valerie?

2. Do you like the way the author wrote the book alternating from one woman to the other?

3. Why do you think the author wrote in the first person for Tessa and the third person for Valerie?

4. What was your reaction to the accident?

5. What are your predictions for how the story will unfold?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLu5J
by Lourdes-PR on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM

1. I like the book so far. It's very interesting and the story so far really sucks you in.

The main characters are very interesting but they each have their flaws.  Tessa is trying to fit in with the rich people that surround her and is concerned about appearances. 

Valerie is a strong, independent woman who doesn't know how strong she actually is and very insecure.  At this point I'm liking Valerie much more than Tessa.

2. I'm assuming because the story will involve both of them and the author wanted us to see each woman's point of view.

3. Maybe she wants us to identify more with Tessa. At this point, I'm not sure why but I guess we'll see.

4. I honestly didn't want to keep reading when I realized what happened to Valerie's little boy. It was too sad especially because she was so hesitant to send him in the first place. I was almost in tears.  Especially when the doctor told her to remember that he was beautiful already. That was so sweet of him to say.

5.  I'm not sure but I think there might be some sort of love triangle somewhere.

HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:50 AM

bump for later!

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM

I agree there about the Love Triangle thing Lourdes! I will be reading more after today! I left my book in my Mom's van since my truck broke down on me on Monday. I will definately get it back today!

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM

THIS IS WEIRD I DON'T SEE MY REPLY????.... UHHHMM OK

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok im back looked like it wasn't taking my reply.... I think that Valerie will be falling in love with the Dr.  I think Tessa knew what she was getting into when she married her husband & she needs to learn how to make him happy so he won't go w Valerie. Lol

Cafe Veronica
by Veronica-Puerto Rico on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:54 AM

1. What do you think of the book so far? and the two main characters Tessa and Valerie? I feel the same as you LuLu, I'm liking Valerie more

2. Do you like the way the author wrote the book alternating from one woman to the other? Yes, it gives you 2 points of views

3. Why do you think the author wrote in the first person for Tessa and the third person for Valerie? Maybe she wants us to relate to Tessa more since we're reading all of her thoughts.

4. What was your reaction to the accident? I felt so bad for the son, I think that the kids should've been surpvised more to prevent something like that.

5. What are your predictions for how the story will unfold? I feel something is looming. I like the doctor but I have a feeling he's going to cheat on his wife. I'm telling him 'don't do it' in my head! LOL!

LuLu5J
by Lourdes-PR on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:49 PM

1. I agree, I like Valerie more than Tessa.  Tessa seems a little bit shallow to me.

4.  As soon as I read about the accident I thought that the parents must not have been paying enough attention to the kids.  The same thing that Valerie thought passed through my mind: that they were probably talking on their cell phones or doing something else.  It made me so mad!

5. Me too, lol!  I keep thinking don't do it, don't do it! lol!

Quoting Cafe Veronica:

1. What do you think of the book so far? and the two main characters Tessa and Valerie? I feel the same as you LuLu, I'm liking Valerie more

2. Do you like the way the author wrote the book alternating from one woman to the other? Yes, it gives you 2 points of views

3. Why do you think the author wrote in the first person for Tessa and the third person for Valerie? Maybe she wants us to relate to Tessa more since we're reading all of her thoughts.

4. What was your reaction to the accident? I felt so bad for the son, I think that the kids should've been surpvised more to prevent something like that.

5. What are your predictions for how the story will unfold? I feel something is looming. I like the doctor but I have a feeling he's going to cheat on his wife. I'm telling him 'don't do it' in my head! LOL!

LuLu5J
by Lourdes-PR on Nov. 11, 2011 at 4:04 PM

BUMP!

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Nov. 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM

i sympathize more with Tessa right now i don't know why?

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Nov. 16, 2011 at 5:10 PM

GOSH THIS TOOK ME FOREVER TO LOOK FOR!!!! UGHHH HAS ANYBODY BEEN READING THEIR BOOKS???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)