Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was talked to my my dd's teacher

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM
  • 15 Replies

I was talked to by my dd's pre-k teacher. Apparently, my dd doesn't follow directions and is misbehaving in class. She is like this at home as well. She can be the sweetest thing , but she can also be so bratty. I felt so stupid and embarrassed.  I left feeling very upset, like I'm not doing a good job in teaching her. I do my best, but apparently it's not enough.   Sorry, just venting. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Awwwslapping forehead i know how you feel my older son did that to me 1 time & honey i felt like the world had dropped down on me. It was a horrible feeling. Fany it will be ok i cried sooo much i will never forget when he came home that day. We had a looooooonnnnnnggggg talk & girl i cried so he could know how much it hurt me to be disappointed by his behavior in school. He NEVER I MEAN NEVER had that happen again. I don't know if it was the disappointment he seen in my eyes or what but ever since that day my DS brought home straight A'S & IN THE HONOR ROLL! I pray right now that she straightens up for you. Kids just test us Fany. You give her your piece of mind when you are ready. Everything will be ok.

karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

DONT FEEL LIKE THAT MAMA , EVERY KID HAVE THEIR MOMENTS.  ONE THING TRY THIS AND SEE IF IT WORKS FOR YOU, WHEN SHE COMES HOME 1. DONT SHOW HER YOU'RE MAD, 2. ASK HER TO SHOW YOU WHICH ARE HER FAVORITE TOYS. 3. ASK HER TO PICK UP 2 THAT SHE LOVES THE MOST FROM WHATEVER SHE BRINGS YOU. 4. TELL HER TO PICK UP THE TOYS AND HAVE HER GO WITH YOU TO THE KITCHEN AND TELL HER TO THROW THOSE TWO TOYS IN THE RECYCLING BIN.  SHE WILL CRY SO BE PREPARE AND THEN TELL HER IF TOMORROW SHE MISBEHAVES SHE WILL PICK UP 2 MORE AND THROW THEM OUT.  OF COURSE IM TELLING YOU THE RECYCLING BIN BECAUSE AFTER SHE 'S GONE YOU CAN PICK IT UP AND HIDE IT UNTIL YOU SEE SHES FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS AND IS BEHAVING AT SCHOOL.  HOPE THAT WORKS FOR YOU.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Aaawwww...! It's part of being a child. Sometimes they'll act up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Quoting marlene992:

Awwwslapping forehead i know how you feel my older son did that to me 1 time & honey i felt like the world had dropped down on me. It was a horrible feeling. Fany it will be ok i cried sooo much i will never forget when he came home that day. We had a looooooonnnnnnggggg talk & girl i cried so he could know how much it hurt me to be disappointed by his behavior in school. He NEVER I MEAN NEVER had that happen again. I don't know if it was the disappointment he seen in my eyes or what but ever since that day my DS brought home straight A'S & IN THE HONOR ROLL! I pray right now that she straightens up for you. Kids just test us Fany. You give her your piece of mind when you are ready. Everything will be ok.

Marlene, thank you.  I'm just worried because she's only 4. Is this a phase or is this my future? I just put her in time out and now she's fallen asleep. I would never had pulled this crap on my parents!  I'm glad your son is going so well!

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Quoting karma729:

DONT FEEL LIKE THAT MAMA , EVERY KID HAVE THEIR MOMENTS.  ONE THING TRY THIS AND SEE IF IT WORKS FOR YOU, WHEN SHE COMES HOME 1. DONT SHOW HER YOU'RE MAD, 2. ASK HER TO SHOW YOU WHICH ARE HER FAVORITE TOYS. 3. ASK HER TO PICK UP 2 THAT SHE LOVES THE MOST FROM WHATEVER SHE BRINGS YOU. 4. TELL HER TO PICK UP THE TOYS AND HAVE HER GO WITH YOU TO THE KITCHEN AND TELL HER TO THROW THOSE TWO TOYS IN THE RECYCLING BIN.  SHE WILL CRY SO BE PREPARE AND THEN TELL HER IF TOMORROW SHE MISBEHAVES SHE WILL PICK UP 2 MORE AND THROW THEM OUT.  OF COURSE IM TELLING YOU THE RECYCLING BIN BECAUSE AFTER SHE 'S GONE YOU CAN PICK IT UP AND HIDE IT UNTIL YOU SEE SHES FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS AND IS BEHAVING AT SCHOOL.  HOPE THAT WORKS FOR YOU.

Omg, I may have to try this. She's going to be hysterical, but it might work!  Thanks.

karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I KNOW OF A FEW KIDS THIS HAVE WORKED FOR  LOL, TRUST ME SHE WONT WANT MORE TOYS IN THE GARBAGE.  AND THE MOM I KNOW DID THIS WIL TAKE HER DAUGHTER TO THE DUMPSTER OUTSIDE JUST TO MAKE SURE SHE DIDNT THINK SHE WILL GET THE TOY BACK.

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting karma729:

Omg, I may have to try this. She's going to be hysterical, but it might work!  Thanks.

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM

why don't you ask the teacher to give you a note on her progress of the day... If it's bad/not so good, take something away from her at home. No tv time once she comes home or no toys that day. Something like that... Josiah had the same issue a bit while in preK. Some in Kinder and 1st too.. Stick to it, don't let it slide, she will understand. You get in trouble or misbehave at school, you will be punished at home.

Cafe Veronica
by Veronica-Puerto Rico on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Quoting karma729:

This is a great idea, I might need this for my daughter. 

Cafe Veronica
by Veronica-Puerto Rico on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I was talked to by my dd's pre-k teacher. Apparently, my dd doesn't follow directions and is misbehaving in class. She is like this at home as well. She can be the sweetest thing , but she can also be so bratty. I felt so stupid and embarrassed.  I left feeling very upset, like I'm not doing a good job in teaching her. I do my best, but apparently it's not enough.   Sorry, just venting. 

I understand how you feel, I'm having issues with my daughter in school. No matter how much we punish her, it doesn't seem to be getting any better. She's my stubborn one so she fights for EVERYTHING and anything. 

I might do karma's idea :) 

karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:59 PM

for my little one is the ps3 game.  he would fip if cantvplay so we know where to get him.lol  

@vero hope this one works for you too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)