Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"caca"

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM
  • 19 Replies

Either having toddlers now or in the past, have you found yourselves telling your kids not to put things in their mouths or touching something by yelling, "No!! Caca!"?? I know so many people and I know some of my family does that. Does it really teach the kid anything? I honestly don't think so. Well at least not for mine.

I've caught myself ready to say it recently out of frustration but I have taught myself to tell him, "Eso no se come" or "Por favor, no toques eso." ("You can't eat that." or "Please don't touch that.") I find that he seems to grasp it so much better. And he'll reply with an inquisitive tone and I'll explain it to him (he doesn't talk but I can understand his facial expressions and tones of voice).

Of course, I really do yell "caca" while I am changing his dirty diaper and he's trying to grab his goods. ;)

How about you? Are you guilty? Is it something you never thought about but said anyway?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pnlop22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Hola, I say "No comas eso, sucio, sucio" becuase he honestly does not like to be dirty. When he gets dirty he runs to wash himself or clean his hands. So when he is touching something dirty or harmful (like if he gets close to a poisonous sustance) I say "No, sucio!" and it works!

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:22 PM

LOL!! ok my DD is half African American & us latinos say Caca but her Dad's side of the family call it Boo Boo!! & for us Boo Boo means a cut or wound or scrape. LOL so when we lived with her father she called it Caca & Dad started saying that also. But now that Mariana lives with me only thats all she knows omgoodness she hasn't seen her Dad in 2months (another way off subject) but this reminded me of that. Sorry! Yes i always taught Mariana Caca. LOL!

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM
I tell my son "eww fuchi" when he's grabbing his jewels or trying too when his whole butt is full of poop. When he is putting something in his mouth that he's not supposed to a good firm NO does the trick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM

That's a really good thing!

Quoting pnlop22:

Hola, I say "No comas eso, sucio, sucio" becuase he honestly does not like to be dirty. When he gets dirty he runs to wash himself or clean his hands. So when he is touching something dirty or harmful (like if he gets close to a poisonous sustance) I say "No, sucio!" and it works!

HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:19 PM

LOL! I've heard that too.

Quoting marlene992:

LOL!! ok my DD is half African American & us latinos say Caca but her Dad's side of the family call it Boo Boo!! & for us Boo Boo means a cut or wound or scrape. LOL so when we lived with her father she called it Caca & Dad started saying that also. But now that Mariana lives with me only thats all she knows omgoodness she hasn't seen her Dad in 2months (another way off subject) but this reminded me of that. Sorry! Yes i always taught Mariana Caca. LOL!

HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I seriously hate when he does that BUT I teach him to wash his hands immediately after it gets dirty. I seriously hate when it gets in his nails. Yuck.

Quoting ana326:

I tell my son "eww fuchi" when he's grabbing his jewels or trying too when his whole butt is full of poop. When he is putting something in his mouth that he's not supposed to a good firm NO does the trick.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Not like that.

I've used "caca" when changing her diaper. Now she knows what I mean when I say "vamos a limpiarte la caca." I wish I had said "popo or poop" instead. She sees me flush the toilet and goes, "bub-bye, caca!"

Here is what I do use: since she learned that hot stuff burns, I always say, "HOT!" when I don't want her to touch something. It works great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I do say caca. If she is going to put something in her mouth or pick up something. I say no caca. It works for me.

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Yes! OMG, lol. That's old school Latino. That's what my mom taught me , that's how my aunts taught my cousins and didn't I do the same?  Bad idea. She doesn't use that phrase anymore, thank God.

HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM

And that's one of the reasons I am not using that word. I don't want him yelling it out everywhere. It's so old school Latino!! LOL....my family has used it too.

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Yes! OMG, lol. That's old school Latino. That's what my mom taught me , that's how my aunts taught my cousins and didn't I do the same?  Bad idea. She doesn't use that phrase anymore, thank God.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)