Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had my stomatch turn upside down...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm terribly sick with a cold... So I'm confined to my bedroom watching re-runs and goofing off online.

In my boredome I decided to look up adoption agencies - I have always wanted to adopt. To me a child does not have to come of my body for me to feel maternal love. Dont get me wrong I love my own biological child, but I envision the day I can welcome an adopted child into my life. So here I am looking up agencies reading information for when the time comes for us to adopt...

And then read this:

While in the orphanage, children generally get good care, although due to lack of one-to-one stimulation it is typical for children to be less advanced in development in comparison with a child reared in an attentive family. It is estimated that for every three months in an orphanage, a child’s development is delayed by one month.

Just made my stomatch turn and my heart fall into a million pieces... I know its a fact that children need individual attention, but I cant help to think that my possible child is suffering out there =(

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RainyRain
by Reyna on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:28 PM
It's sad but true, I had patient's who were adopted from orphanages and they are/were extremely delayed.

=(

Once you adopt just try enrolling your child in therapy and help them as much as you can.

Good luck with the adoption process.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:05 AM

awww feel better soon. Maybe they put that to move people to adopt fast? Good luck with adoption hun. 

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:24 AM
I agree

Quoting ana326:

awww feel better soon. Maybe they put that to move people to adopt fast? Good luck with adoption hun. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Quoting ana326:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCTVCBN
by Marina-Tex-Mex on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I hope you feel better mama.

It's so sad, but I believe it does happen.

If only there were more people that were able and willing to adopt.

Good luck.

I hope you are able to adopt soon.

Supervane
by Vane on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Thanks ladies... I hope my time to adopt does come soon

mami323
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:24 PM
Ive,always had dreams of adopting and I have also applied to b a foster parent when I was single but my house wasnt big enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami323
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:25 PM
I hope u go thru w it and that u feel better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)