Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby has a really bad rash :(

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:04 PM
  • 29 Replies

I have tried every freaking ointment and every powder you can possibly find. I've tried everything from washing his tush with water, letting it air dry even for an hour or two and NOTHING is helping. Its even freaking bleeding. I bought a case of diapers last week and I've already gone through half of it cause I'm constantly changing his diaper. Just peeing he cries, and his screams break my heart crying. He has diareah and he has had it for a while. His pediatrician took a sample of it and to this day she hasn't given me any kind of answer. I've called the doctors office to find out to no avail. Im so frusturated I want to bitch slap that doctor or someone in that office so they can feel the pain my son feels on his tush. So my last resort now is taking him to the ER but my dh told me to wait and see how he is tomorrow. Last night his cries were so bad cause of the pain I just let him sleep on my bed with no diaper not even giving a damn if he peed on me or dh or on my bed. I'm so exhausted right now ugh. 

What do you recommend? Ive tried desitin,butt paste, A&D, Air out, I don't use wipes cause that makes him scream bloody murder so we wash it with water. Help me please!

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elle31106
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Try Lotrimin (sp). The anti-fungal cream. Before it went over the counter, it used to be prescription and it would work wonders on Trev's rashes like that. It is so soft and smooth to put on and no hard wiping
to clean it off. It is very light weight plus it'll keep the open wounds from getting infected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Quoting elle31106:

Try Lotrimin (sp). The anti-fungal cream. Before it went over the counter, it used to be prescription and it would work wonders on Trev's rashes like that. It is so soft and smooth to put on and no hard wiping
to clean it off. It is very light weight plus it'll keep the open wounds from getting infected.

one of my girls had a rash that ended up being a yeast infection rash and the doctor recomended lotrimin. I thought of putting some of that on but because he has open wounds I didnt want to try it and hear him scream in pain. When you put it on Trev was his rash as bad as my son's? bleeding and all?

HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:43 PM
Mine had an UGLY and I mean ugly rash (bleeding and skin peeled) a few months ago that was related to his molars coming in. I used Lanolin and A&D ointment together and it helped.

El pobrecito has a scar that's fading away. The diarrhea comes every time a molar comes in. And yes, let him air dry a lot and I used a warm wash cloth to wipe him since wipes contain alcohol.

*****HUGS****** I've been there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elle31106
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Trev had intestinal flu with awful diharerra that caused his skin to peel also. I would let him air dry and only pat his bottom down with a cool wash cloth.
Poor Ozzy I hope he gets relief soon.

Quoting ana326:

Quoting elle31106:

one of my girls had a rash that ended up being a yeast infection rash and the doctor recomended lotrimin. I thought of putting some of that on but because he has open wounds I didnt want to try it and hear him scream in pain. When you put it on Trev was his rash as bad as my son's? bleeding and all?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
As weird as this might sound in my country they use corn starch for the rashes. Let the baby bottom dry and put some on his bit and the diaper. Use it on every change. Corn starch/maizena same thing. Hope your baby gets better. That really O's frustrating when they cry and you can't do anything to calm them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:06 PM
*butt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Oh my goodness! Emma has never had it that bad!! I hope he heels soon!!!! I have no advice. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jandra
by Alejandra-Mexicana on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:29 PM
I used on my son Vitacilina bebe he was like this too so I tooked him to tijuana and the pharmacist recomended it to me and it worked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysons_r_mylife
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:31 PM
The best thing i've used for bad diaper rash is corn starch powder. It helps to keep the area dry. It relieves and cures it fast. Best of luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Thanks. I picked him up at 4 from my sisters and since then I've changed his diaper 8 times that's how bad his diarrhea is. He screams as soon as he starts going.

Quoting elle31106:

Trev had intestinal flu with awful diharerra that caused his skin to peel also. I would let him air dry and only pat his bottom down with a cool wash cloth.

Poor Ozzy I hope he gets relief soon.

Quoting ana326:

Quoting elle31106:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)