Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do I feel you just discriminated me, dude!!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:51 PM
  • 18 Replies

WOW!!! OMG!!! Don't you hate doing Food Groceries at Walmart or the store of your preference. When you get to the register to pay this big ass cart full of food, instead of "Hi how are you maam" I get a "Will this be Foodstamps" Wait!!! "What did my forehead have a sign on that read, I am paying with government money, have no cash". Don't get me wrong..I dont have anything against ppl who receive it. Thats a wonderful help. Just hate to be labeled, as if only hispanics are the only ones utilizing foodstamps. Like we can't pay for our food groceries with cash. I do, and it's $400 monthly I gotta hand to these idiots who think like that...

kiss mini"I live, breathe, and smile for you, my familia"kiss mini

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bri09
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:57 AM
Wow...what an F*cken idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:16 AM
It happen to me once at walmart. I love Minni Wheats, so one day I went to the store to get me a big ass bag of Minni Wheats and a gallon of milk.

The cashier says to me "ma'am, you need the smaller bag for WIC!" I go, "huh?"
"you cant use the WIC coupon for this size of bag. You're gonna have to pay for it, if you want this size!"

I said, "I don't get WIC coupons!! I intend to pay for these that's why I'm in line!!"

"oh..."

Idiot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Wow, I would of replied with a smart ass remark. Why do they even ask, don't you pay like with a debit card when you pay with food stamps? So they shouldn't have to ask right? You just swipe the card like you would a debit right? 

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:42 AM

Ughhh that is so disrepectful and rude!!!! I get people asking me if my food will be paid with WIC checks too.  It could be that I always get milk and mini wheats like Lluvia!

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:49 AM
I never paid much attention to this hmmm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeartCharmMama
by Ing-Pura Latina on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:42 AM
I did once when I was at a gas station in the hood.

I was just passing by since I was thirsty and got a juice and a bag of Gardettos and the woman asked me that. I did feel a little insulted and looked around my environment and at myself. I'd like to think I dress pretty damn sharp and don't "look" like I'm on FS but eh. I got over it and forgot about it when I left the store.

She probably felt like an idiot after the tone I gave her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami323
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Never happened to me b4 but Ive had family members assume i had " ayuda del gobierno" lol, idiots from my deadbeat dads side
elle31106
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:46 AM
Wow. That has never happened to me before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laynbackmom
by Marisol-La Boricua on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Quoting bri09:

Wow...what an F*cken idiot.

Exactly that!!!! Fcken idiots...I left my groceries with her, when she said this shit, because my DH quickly replied, "u assume because I'm hispanic, that I get foodstamps", he didn't even give me a chnace to reply to the biashhhhhh" So we just walked out, and went elsewhere

Laynbackmom
by Marisol-La Boricua on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Quoting HeartCharmMama:

I did once when I was at a gas station in the hood.

I was just passing by since I was thirsty and got a juice and a bag of Gardettos and the woman asked me that. I did feel a little insulted and looked around my environment and at myself. I'd like to think I dress pretty damn sharp and don't "look" like I'm on FS but eh. I got over it and forgot about it when I left the store.

She probably felt like an idiot after the tone I gave her.

Gurrrrrrl I was dressed to impress that day, I actually looked like I was going off to an interview...I don't reveal much when I dress, so I truely believe I was dressed appropriate for the occassion..still this biashhhhhh wanna assume what she wanna. I seriously remember this like if it happened yesterday..It was 4 months ago...LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)