Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mothers in the workforce, need your help asap..please!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

I was recently laid off because my company downsized, so now I am looking for employement. I found out the hard way that blind ads that ask for salary requirements along with a resume are tricky. About three weeks ago, I researched a position and gave a prospective employer that requested salary requirements with a resume, I sent him a range (according to a salary calculator) and said salary was negotiable..needless to say I never got a call back.

So today I found another blind ad, for a bilingual admin position in my town (yay no commute!). The job sounds great..but..they are asking candidates to send salary requirements along with resume..((Oh boy here we go again with this BS))..what should I do?? The median salary for that job in my area is 40,000..Because the job offers 401k and medical I am willing to take it as low as $32,640 ($17 hourly at 40 hours a week) but I cant go any lower than that. ( Hey I live in Jersey, enough said..lol) What would you do? I dont want to hurt my chances of an interview.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
BellaTragedia
by Roxana-Mexicana on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I would go with the 17$ per hour as you stated. I wouldn't go any lower than that. You have bills to pay and a fam to feed so they gotta understand that much. Have you tried temp agencies? At least in the meantime that you get some good interviews. Good luck mama!!

isell_avon
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)