Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

abusive relationships.

Posted by   + Show Post

how many of you have been in a abusive relationship? just wondering, 

i was in one with my DBD. he was more mentally abusive than anything but he did hit sometimes. 

what about you? 

by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Replies (21-27):
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:38 AM
10 yrs ago I was. I'd rather not speak of it. He's history and it stays there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisMommy4Ever
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I'm not even gonna deny it. Yes I am an abusive relationship and I don't know how long I'll take it. Yes he's the father of my child and there are times when I have blamed myself for the way things are right now. No I am not brave enough to leave for fear of losing my son forever (I'm illegal..he's not) we have good days and it used to be WORSE back when we lived with his mom.  I can't say I'm happy but when he drinks he's mean to me. No he has NEVER hit me with a close fist. But he still hurts me. There are times when I cry myself to sleep and I tell myself wtf am I doing with this guy? why did you get to this point?"....I don't know. Then the next day he'll either feel like shit for the way he treated me and say sorry. Hugg me..kiss me and I forgive him. It's like part of me doesn't want to leave cuz I know I can do something about our relationship to fix it. But then there are days when I just can't take it anymore. I don't want to walk away knowing I could of changed things and things could of been different. I haven't exactly tried :(.... but HONESTLY I DON'T HAVE THE STRENGHT TO LEAVE :( It's just that fear. 

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Yeah when I was 16 I dated a guy like that for a little while. Of course he started off being really nice and then warped into a freakin control freak-asshole. He never hit me but did of course think it was funny to smack me in the head but of course didn't like the favor returned lmao!!! I don't know who he thought he was dating!!! Thank god I got rid of him!

shadoesmom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:20 AM
I was mentally and cerbally abused from my exh he was so good at first then it goy terrible a total nightmare. Then finally he got caught cheating and i kicked him out and divorced him. He was very contolling after he was kicked out he kept trying to contol me and the kids but i didnt let it happen now he in twrrible relationship with a idiot abd she contols him so karma is getting him. i want to send a thank u card for her taking my problem. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Quoting HisMommy4Ever:

I'm not even gonna deny it. Yes I am an abusive relationship and I don't know how long I'll take it. Yes he's the father of my child and there are times when I have blamed myself for the way things are right now. No I am not brave enough to leave for fear of losing my son forever (I'm illegal..he's not) we have good days and it used to be WORSE back when we lived with his mom.  I can't say I'm happy but when he drinks he's mean to me. No he has NEVER hit me with a close fist. But he still hurts me. There are times when I cry myself to sleep and I tell myself wtf am I doing with this guy? why did you get to this point?"....I don't know. Then the next day he'll either feel like shit for the way he treated me and say sorry. Hugg me..kiss me and I forgive him. It's like part of me doesn't want to leave cuz I know I can do something about our relationship to fix it. But then there are days when I just can't take it anymore. I don't want to walk away knowing I could of changed things and things could of been different. I haven't exactly tried :(.... but HONESTLY I DON'T HAVE THE STRENGHT TO LEAVE :( It's just that fear. 

I honestly have to say that I really don't think things like this get better. People don't change! You may be illegal but you don't have to take this crap! Please find a women's group/social worker to talk to.

boricua3177
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Quoting colortech:

Fall in love with yourself first.
Make this the first AND LAST time anyone treats you this way.
My mentor told me this 24 years ago, I'll never forget it: no man is better than the wrong one.

no man is better than the wrong one

Wow, how simple & profound are those words!  I will admit that even now my relationship with my DH is dysfunctional.  He is insecure, controlling, & very jealous.  We have struggled a lot and I have been on the verge of leaving him several times - but he did come at me with some humility and said he really wants to work things out. So we'll see what happens, I'm taking it one day at a time. 

mima1972
by New Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

he grabs me yells at me in public yells at my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)