• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's getting tested again tomorrow. **UPDATE**

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM
  • 15 Replies

So Josiah's been in speech therapy since he was 5. Before Kinder. he's has some speech delays, I wouldn't even really call it that. He pronounces word incorrectly. He's doing much better, he's still in speech therapy. Once he went to grade school they enrolled him at my request. He goes once a wk. Anyways he had a hearing test when he was 5. Not a regular hearing test. They put him in a sound proof room and do special test. I felt when he was 5 he didn't he really understood it. Now that he's 8 he shouldn't have an issue. Just taking another step just to make sure we don't have to change anything and we are going the right direction. I took speech therapy since I was in 5th grade. So I know what he's sort of going through.

****UGH!! I'm so bummed out! So I got a call from the Audiologist right now. She's sick! She said this is the first time in 3 years she's had to call in sick from work.. of course. So Josiah has his new apt for the 12th at 8:30. Just really a pain. JJ had to drop off Aloria at school then drop me off at work. Told Josiah he wasn't going to school, by the time he got out of his apt half the day would have already been gone. I already called him into school so it was all a waste. Oh well.. He's going to have daddy time today.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mum1
by Divia on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM
We are going through the same thing with Al'Lan right now. In fact we have another meeting tomorrow morning with the school. I am trying to get him an IEP for speech and they don't want too.
Good luck with your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Quoting mum1:

We are going through the same thing with Al'Lan right now. In fact we have another meeting tomorrow morning with the school. I am trying to get him an IEP for speech and they don't want too.
Good luck with your son.

wow they don't want too... I hope it works out for you.

mum1
by Divia on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Nope because it cost the school money. I feel he would of.slip through the cracks if I didn't fight for an iep. His teacher was pregnant of didn't want to start anything before she left on maternity leave. She then came back and told me she may retain him. Girl I call the school district and gave then one week before taking it to the dept of education

Quoting krise:

Quoting mum1:

Good luck with your son.

wow they don't want too... I hope it works out for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:40 AM

You have to do what you have to do girl. My 7 year old is also in Speech Therapy. He has trouble pronouncing some stuff and speaks "differently" then other kids his age. It's good to know that the speech therapy works because, he has only been doing it for a month.

BellaTragedia
by Roxana-Mexicana on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Good luck! Hope all goes well.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Good luck krise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

bump for update

twobells
by Orfelinda on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

How everything turns out okay.

mstrendygirl
by Irene-Mexicana on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

goodluck hope everything goes well.. katelyn was in speech therapy to but her services stopped once she turned 3 once she starts school if she needs therapy in some areas than we can continue with services but because there isnt alot of funding in the programs which sucks about az the services she had end at age 3 :( i wish more funding would be provided for these kind of services

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Girl we did Josiah here in AZ through the government school system. Let me see if I can find it

Quoting mstrendygirl:

goodluck hope everything goes well.. katelyn was in speech therapy to but her services stopped once she turned 3 once she starts school if she needs therapy in some areas than we can continue with services but because there isnt alot of funding in the programs which sucks about az the services she had end at age 3 :( i wish more funding would be provided for these kind of services

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)